#ED

REVISED Weekend Estimates 6/14--6/16: Man of Steel OW $116.7M($128.7M including WM)

What kind of total is Man of Steel looking at from that wkend?

If you take 113 and give it a reasonable 3 multiplier, you basically have 340.  I think with a good cinemascore, this is reachable.  But 300 would be fantastic.

• Like 1

I think the audience is somewhat limited for this.  There is so much vulgarity that it would turn off a portion of moviegoers, no matter how funny other parts of the film may be.  

Jackass, Ted, and The Hangover say hi. Vulgarity wasn't the reason this dissapointed, and I'm using that word rather lightly. You could add the hard sell of comedy mixed with the apocalypse, facing a huge summer tentpole, and more. Legs should be pretty strong, good, however, as its been for many summer comedies.

Neo its 10% from a Solid Saturday gross. 

About a 3X mulitplier... hmm

This is not like IM1 where a film opened people went wow this was cool lets check it out. 

This was a uber hyped film that had immense buzz. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

MOS...

...will not open to 100 M. It's a reboot for Pete's sake!

...will not open to 100 M in June. Only two movies in June, both sequels, opened to over 100 M!

...will not open to 100 M. It's not a popular character anymore.

...will not open to 100 M. People still remember SR.

...will not open to 100 M. MTC and BTC have it at 87 M - 90 M. It's also a rotten at RT.

Posted Image

• Like 8

Not really it is an opening film and had a huge opening day expecting around 10% is reasonable. 

Anyways film opened about 20 million higher then I thought however yeah it was heading to 100 million buzz was huge.