#ED

REVISED Weekend Estimates 6/14--6/16: Man of Steel OW $116.7M($128.7M including WM)

So is 125 considered the 3 day total or the 4 day total? I'm a little confused on how this works since they're saying 113 is the opening weekend.  

The $12 million came from exclusive showings on Thursday. That's its Thursday gross, doesn't count towards the weekend.

• Community Manager

It didn't ... Nikki just used 'light on records' in her update.

It's too bad Guiness doesn't adopt this saying. Broke the world record on how many tennis ball one can fit in a mouth? It's only a "light" record.

Total Lifetime Grosses

Domestic:  $125,080,000  63.6% + Foreign:  $71,600,000  36.4% = Worldwide:  $196,680,000

Decent overseas start looks like UK will boost the film a lot. 

That's a good OS start with only 3 major markets this weekend.

My youtube video of the MoS reaction has 35 views. I haven't tagged it because I don't want to get banned from youtube.Those 35 views are all from this forum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBjEEJioEl8

I'll watch after my viewing tonight. Btw, George Bluth approves of "light records"; it's like light treason. Edited by Telemachos
  • Like 3

I think people are too hung up on the weekend. Like Tele said weekdays are equally as important.

If we use a first week to total ratio most SH movies perform in the 1.8-2.3 range, with 2.0 being the average. If MOS first week gross is around 170M than a 350M is a very real posibility.

Edited by Louis Lux

I think people are to hung up on the weekend. Like Tele said weekdays are equally as important.

If we use a first week to total ratio most SH movies perform in the 1.8-2.3 range, with 2.0 being the average. If MOS first week gross in around 170M than a 350M is a very real posibility.

So you're honestly saying that this won't make over 2.0 multiplier? That's hilarious. It'll do 2.5-2.7 at VERY least.

Great start for Supes. So when is the sequel announcement from WB?

It was already announced...? Before the movie launched.

Fast tracking for 2015.

Edited by ChD
  • Like 1

So you're honestly saying that this won't make over 2.0 multiplier? That's hilarious. It'll do 2.5-2.7 at VERY least.

NO, I'm talking about about the first week, full seven days. Most SH movies double that figure.

I'm using the full week instead of the weekend because it evens out weekday openings and holydays.