#ED

REVISED Weekend Estimates 6/14--6/16: Man of Steel OW $116.7M($128.7M including WM)

Did you see it Ric? What'd you think?Out of 5 Meryl Streep's, how many Meryl Streep's would you give it?

Meh. Not as good as you guys made it out to be. I liked the seriousness though. Bit too loud though, but that might just be my theatre. I'm thinking 7 or 7.5 out of 10, atm. And it's 0 Meryl's :P a movie needs to be a masterpiece to even get half a Meryl (unless it's a Meryl movie in which case it automatically gets 5 Meryls out of 5 ;) )

So it will probably beat the only record the Spiderman series still has.  :( Almost makes me sad. 

Edit: Well I guess SM1 still has the record for highest OW for the first live action outing of a superhero. lol 

Edited by ban1o

I think the more it goes up today, the bigger the drop could be tomorrow. Hopefully not though.

It's bound to have a huge drop, but that doesn't mean it will miss $300m DOM, and even it did, Superman fans can safely and sound dream about the sequel, because Superman is finally back as one of the superhero main players in Holywood.
  • Like 1

So it will probably beat the only record the Spiderman series still has.  :( Almost makes me sad. 

Records are made to be broken. TDK fans felt it when Potter beat the record. Potter fans had to succumb to the Avengers OW.

This is the way it goes. Spiderman held that record for forever. It's only fitting that Superman is the one to break the record, lol.

• Like 3

And even if it doesn't have the record, Spiderman will forever be remembered. The fact that it took 12 years of inflation, 3D, IMAX, and Father's day to beat it speaks volumes.

• Like 5