#ED

REVISED Weekend Estimates 6/14--6/16: Man of Steel OW $116.7M($128.7M including WM)

Yep. Kinda crazy to think about. It took so many years to get a $100m OW, and only a decade later there was a $200m OW

Kinda makes you wonder where it's headed in the future.

2002 - $100m

2007 - $150m

2012 - $200m

If that pace continues we could have a $250m opener in 2017 and $300m opener in 2022.

• Like 1

Kinda makes you wonder where it's headed in the future.

2002 - $100m

2007 - $150m

2012 - $200m

If that pace continues we could have a $250m opener in 2017 and $300m opener in 2022.

Some people thing 250 might be sooner :P say 2015?

Edited by ban1o

The idea of a 300m opener boggles my mind, particularly since we are in an age of Theater reduction not growth.... Inflation isn't quite there yet, I hate to think of what Tickets will be like when that happens.

• Like 1

Yep. Kinda crazy to think about. It took so many years to get a $100m OW, and only a decade later there was a $200m OW

Kinda fitting that another Marvel movie cross an important milestone 10 years after Spiderman, the flagship character of Marvel did it.

• Like 1

Kinda makes you wonder where it's headed in the future.2002 - $100m2007 - $150m2012 - $200mIf that pace continues we could have a $250m opener in 2017 and $300m opener in 2022.

It's funny because the economy gets worse yet movies still make money. Edited by #ED

The idea of a 300m opener boggles my mind, particularly since we are in an age of Theater reduction not growth.... Inflation isn't quite there yet, I hate to think of what Tickets will be like when that happens.

When 2D kids tickets are $22 and adults too are TOO DAMN HIGH, then it'll happen.

• Like 2

When 2D kids tickets are $22 and adults too are TOO DAMN HIGH, then it'll happen.

Shame, at those prices I doubt I would be able to take my kiddo to more than one or two a year.... :( something lost to the following generations.

It's funny because the economy gets worse yet movies still make money.

Well, some movies make money. But it's getting to the point where every single tentpole is a $200M gamble, so the number of enormous bombs is rising

Kinda makes you wonder where it's headed in the future. 2002 - $100m2007 - $150m2012 - $200m If that pace continues we could have a $250m opener in 2017 and $300m opener in 2022.

You could even say, though it's less graceful; in every year ending with 2 or 7, the OW record is broken. Edited by lab276
  • Like 1

Well, some movies make money. But it's getting to the point where every single tentpole is a $200M gamble, so the number of enormous bombs is rising

Very true.

More theaters should help, but higher ticket prices is not really encouraging for me to want 300M to happen with an advantage like that.

Shame, at those prices I doubt I would be able to take my kiddo to more than one or two a year.... :( something lost to the following generations.

Prices are already too high and I wish theaters/studios would at least do a test to see if attendance improves with lowered prices. My theater when I saw TITE on Thursday was $9 for adults, we go for MoS, it was $9.50. It may seem small, but .50 cent is a big increase when they usually increase a quarter. I'm afraid my theater will go over $10 next year. And I know theaters in NY, LA, and even worse, even with 2D prices.