#ED

REVISED Weekend Estimates 6/14--6/16: Man of Steel OW $116.7M($128.7M including WM)

Welcome to the forums!

Thx, been following this movie like mad, lol. Based on the buzz, trailer, twitter etc.. I thought MOS had a clear shot at 130M but since it's a reboot I had my prediction at 115M since trailer 3. Glad it's living up to the buzz.

Do you take into account for your Sat and Sun numbers the fact that the 12m from Walmart was not actual and normal demand from moviegoers ???

Where's your source for this?

Based on the opening I have doubts previews could have been over 35% of opening day for a reboot that is far far far tooo high.. 

Meaning if the 12 million was all tickets sold + 9 million, the opening day should have been higher compared to previous films.

So that is why I dont think the 12 million was all tickets sold and thats why the opening day is amazing. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

44m? Well okay then.

Based on that what will Saturday bring us?

33m  (flat)

30M (10%)

107m 3day

119m 3.1 day

My original prediction. Haha

Edited by ECSTASY
  • Like 1

Quote from female friend:

"Looks wise...casting Cavill as Superman is what it would have been like if Burton had cast Pamela Anderson as Catwoman in BATMAN RETURNS".

Isn't the norm for almost all movies with high midnight numbers to stay flat or drop from Friday's day business?

For a comic book movie yes.

Only films that do not are new films and Marvel films. 

The last three times a film got a huge preview and increased on Sat was THG, IM3 and TA

THG went from 47 Friday Day 50 Sat

IM3 went from 53-62

TA went from 62 to 69 

Edited by Lordmandeep