CAYOM Year 8 Discussion Thread

Wait, so Spring will include April and May...

Summer will include June, July

Fall will include August, September October and November... or?

I mean, Winter then will include 4 months, too. December, January, February and March, cause that's how it started.

It definitely should include June. It should be divided neatly into 3 month periods.

That way it'll take 4 parts for the year.

3 weeks is way too much time for just 2 months.

We got quite a bit of movies for 3 months. It's going to be way too crowded for just 2 months

I mean if we're dividing it seasonally then either we'd divide it by movie seasons (Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall, Holiday) which we already haven't done since we put March with Winter.

Or we're dividing it by actually seasons in which case June would be with April and May based on the logic that March was with January and February since the season changes at the end of March and June. That would make Summer July, August, September and fall October, November, and December I guess

so clearly we've already kind of deviated from both patterns =/

Edited by Killimano3

When we agreed to go to the season format we agreed to do 5 seasons (Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall, Holiday). For whatever reason people wanted to put March in Winter.If people want to change that into 4 Seasons of 3, then speak now.

Also, there are unposted films on the schedule since I am using the old Year 8 Advance Schedule as a C&P base, which is the norm for most Years. Obviously, at least some of the films originally scheduled for Year 8 will no longer be coming out for one reason or another, so newer players can feel free to try and contest some of the dates.Also, please try to generally keep track of how often actors and directors are already used before you use them in a film. We try to avoid having tons of films with the same actors.

Edited by 4815162342

There are five major animated films coming out in this quarter. My god.

God, I know. I ended up moving mine forward a month to avoid the massive pile-up. Hopefully it'll do well.

At a guess, I'd say Hand-Drawn Heroes is going to do the best, since it got the best spot in June and looks like it could draw an audience. It'll be interesting to see how Wizardversity will do considering I'm releasing my own magic related flick (Dresden Files) a few weeks before hand which could help or hinder it depending.

And I've possibly got 2 more minor animation efforts coming out

This year or this quarter? If this year then fair enough. If this quarter, then you've already got enough sorely underwritten films coming out which time and effort would be much better spent on.

God, I know. I ended up moving mine forward a month to avoid the massive pile-up. Hopefully it'll do well. At a guess, I'd say Hand-Drawn Heroes is going to do the best, since it got the best spot in June and looks like it could draw an audience. It'll be interesting to see how Wizardversity will do considering I'm releasing my own magic related flick (Dresden Files) a few weeks before hand which could help or hinder it depending. This year or this quarter? If this year then fair enough. If this quarter, then you've already got enough sorely underwritten films coming out which time and effort would be much better spent on.

Quarter but 3 go the 4 films I have published were already finished films from the first round at im not doing much with

Quarter but 3 go the 4 films I have published were already finished films from the first round at im not doing much with

I've read the synopsis of the films you have posted. None of those are what I'd call 'finished.'