CAYOM Year 8 Discussion Thread

Cinema Studies will be up in the morning. I barely started HDH and Griswell, although I don't have enough motivation to make Griswell my main OC. I have a backup idea that I posted in the advanced schedule thread.

Yay!

Going to finish up some of my shorter films tomorrow and Thursday, and then move on to the bigger ones for the rest of Part 1.

When is Part 1 going to close?

Part 1 opened less than 10 minutes ago, I think we can hold off discussion of when it ends for a little bit.

• Like 2

Should I push Hand Drawn Heroes for Original Screenplay or Adapted Screenplay? Most of the main characters are from other sources, but the true main character is original.

Original Screenplay. For it to be Adapted it would have to have been directly based off from a source.

The Official Academy line would be that it is adapted. A classic example would be Toy Story 3. It is adapted because the writers were using pre-established characters. The wholly original storyline is of no interest to the Academy when considering placement. 

Blank, HDH should be finished by Sunday, I'll give you a pre-read before then.

Yeah, I'm not sure about this, anymore. Tommorow night might work, but I'll be gone from Tuesday to Thursday. I'll try to finish it by Monday night.

• Like 1