CAYOM Year 8 Discussion Thread

Hey, complete newb here wanting to ask something which I couldn't quite work out from reading the rules. And I don't want to make a complete ass of myself.

I've currently got a project planned for early January which is pretty much built for Sam Raimi. However, he's directing Marco Polo in June. Is the 6 month gap long enough for me to use him in January without any problems?

Also, while I can already tell that adaptations of existing material is allowed, is there anything I have to do first for me to be allowed to use that material?

Hey, complete newb here wanting to ask something which I couldn't quite work out from reading the rules. And I don't want to make a complete ass of myself.

1) I've currently got a project planned for early January which is pretty much built for Sam Raimi. However, he's directing Marco Polo in June. Is the 6 month gap long enough for me to use him in January without any problems?

2) Also, while I can already tell that adaptations of existing material is allowed, is there anything I have to do first for me to be allowed to use that material?

1) Yes, if it is a small budget project.

2) Go to the CAYOM - Franchise by rights thread and claim the rights to whatever you want (you can't claim rights of something if someone else already did it before, there is a list of those in the thread)

Okay, thanks. Just wondering though, how big is a small budget project? I've currently got a planned budget of between 35-45 mil. Is that too big?

Okay, thanks. Just wondering though, how big is a small budget project? I've currently got a planned budget of between 35-45 mil. Is that too big?

Depends on how much Post Production it would need. That means heavy special effects and stuff like that.

No, that is a small project.

I'm gonna be kinda mia from this game for a while. (It it goes on for another month or two for Year 8, I'll be back.) I'm actually devoting my time to writing up Careful into a screenplay for posterity. That's taking up most of my movie time atm. 

• Like 1

Okay, so I've been assigned a Western film treatment for Film Theory. Now, I could be cheap and just submit Shiverin' Gulch, BUT I came up with a fun Western comedy idea that I'll be doing. So, yes, I will be releasing an original film in Year 8, for certain. :)

• Like 3

My shit has finally calmed down now to the point I can get back to writing stuff. Well it settled down earlier, but I got dragged on a couple short vacations that kept from doing much and I've been marathoning Wheel of Time books and absorbed in playing Crusader Kings 2, so I got sidetracked.

But anyways, I should be fully back in business very soon.

• Like 1

Okay, so I've been assigned a Western film treatment for Film Theory. Now, I could be cheap and just submit Shiverin' Gulch, BUT I came up with a fun Western comedy idea that I'll be doing. So, yes, I will be releasing an original film in Year 8, for certain. :)

Yeah, I'm gonna finish this tonight, and I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in pre-reading a Wright/Pegg/Frost Western that will double as an unconventional OC as it's my only original film. :P

Yeah, I'm gonna finish this tonight, and I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in pre-reading a Wright/Pegg/Frost Western that will double as an unconventional OC as it's my only original film. :P

Sure, I'll take a look. 

Sure, I'll take a look. 

Okidoki, I'll send it to you either late tonight or tomorrow afternoon. :D (Just a warning though, the title is very similar to one of your releases this year, but I plan on sending this out in December whereas yours is assigned to January so I'd think it's okay)