Jandrew

Sunday/Wknd #'s, MU 23-24/82, WWZ 17-18/66, MoS 11.7-12.3/41.2, TITE 13, NYSM 7.8 BOM, RTH

The sequel is a lock, if for the mere fact that anything less than a sequel to this would mean complete total utter FAIL on the part of WB for not giving you, the fans, your teamup movie...

Its a lock because Supes is hitting 300+M domestic and likely 800 or more Mil WW.. Biggest reboot in history.

Give MOS its props BKB. You lost this round on underestimating the man of steel. Though  I Thought he could more than be a match for IM3.. I thought both would get over a billion..:) Lol. :P

You cant win them all. MOS2 should get up there with IM3 if done right though

Lol they spent 300M in total costs its going to reach 800+M WW or around there..Red seems your marvel love is showing ROFL.

And you obviously havent look at cinemascore both males and females giving MOS an B+ to A-.. So sorry the audiences are loving it.  Theres just alot of competition and Supes may still get 45-53M :)

The only Marvel movie I really like is Thor(They are all decent....accept maybe CA and IM2). Believe me no one wanted this movie to be great more then I did. Didn't GI-Jo get a A- on cinemascore? Not sure that's a great way to judge a movie.

Edited by red

GL didn't have much of strong and direct competition in its second weekend.

Just a reminder:

-next week The Heat and WHD come out

-and then Lone Ranger and DM2 hit the next week

All films (including WWZ, MOS, TITE, and NYSM) are going to be hit by the new openers.

Competition is always fierce in the summer.  I don't like that excuse.  Films also have a better chance to make a pile of money in the summer.  If comp was really a factor, then they should have released this in the second week of september.

I was actually thinking abt watching it with all the ppl cheering for it on this forumthen I looked at ppl's reaction here & thought that Id better watch a film with Til Schweiger which comes out this wkend as well  :lol:

Watch it with expectations firmly in check. The movie has some serious structural issues (and I still can't get over some of the dialogue, a lot of it seemed unnatural). It almost seemed like Nolan's voice and Snyder's style was incompatible (its a weird comment I know but I can't find any other logical explanation for the movie's pacing problems).I'm a DC nut and I definitely intend on watching it again but my first viewing left me rather disappointed.

Well it's sort of hard for the MARVEL love not to show, especially when MARVEL is on top of their game compared to DC/WB.. Sure, MOS is off to a good start, but come on.. They have a ways to go on this before they get it together for the teamup movie and that's restablishing BATMAN all over again and that's not gonna be easy when everyone still has Bale fresh on their minds...

Being a Disney fan and you know who  is marvel ..lol. Agreed....But Bale hasnt said no and Im thinking he will be the Batman in JL BKB.

So not realling thinking WB Will have to look for another batman actor. You forget Bale goes ape for Nolan projects :)

Bale is just doing the same tried and true ploy for more money.. I mean Robert may make 700-800M with his deals with Disney.

So bale certainly is no fool to negoitate for big dollars as will Nolan and Synder :)

Competition is always fierce in the summer.  I don't like that excuse.  Films also have a better chance to make a pile of money in the summer.  If comp was really a factor, then they should have released this in the second week of september.

If After Earf or RIPD opened instead of WWZ, MOS would have done better, no ?

The only Marvel movie I really like is Thor(They are all decent....accept maybe CA and IM2). Believe me no one wanted this movie to be great more then I did. Didn't GI-Jo get a A- on cinemascore? Not sure that's a great way to judge a movie.

NO GI-JOE got a C- to  B+ Rating on Cinemascore..Red. Not true at all

• Like 1

Watch it with expectations firmly in check. The movie has some serious structural issues (and I still can't get over some of the dialogue, a lot of it seemed unnatural). It almost seemed like Nolan's voice and Snyder's style was incompatible (its a weird comment I know but I can't find any other logical explanation for the movie's pacing problems).I'm a DC nut and I definitely intend on watching it again but my first viewing left me rather disappointed.

I am baffled by the MOS critics about the movie structure.

I d say it was a bold artistic choice ( for a 225m blockbuster) and it changed  from the boring 101 narative structure we see in every movie.

Plus I had no probems following the plot.

People have a really narrow and thin comfort zone when it comes to movies.

I think MOS is a very unique film in the superhero landscape.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

I'll tell ya: I really don't think I lost anything outside the the OW number, but let's not get ahead of ourselves with this movie when it's humanly possible that it might drop further than what a good portion of you thought and that was underestimating WWZ and Brad Pitt's name... I wouldn't say 300M is a lock just yet Kal, but I'm sure it'll squeek by like SR did in making it to 200M Domestic...

It will. just like Spidey squeaked to 260 without Tobey Maguire..:P

Whats going to make you be a lil sad is when AVengers 2 meets the true Juggernaut and doesnt make a dent domestically or Worldwide soon. Av2 comes for Avengers 2 in 2015 :)

NO GI-JOE got a C- to  B+ Rating on Cinemascore..Red. Not true at all

I think he meant GIJoe Retaliation, which got an A- cinemascore.

GIJoe The Rise of Cobra got a B+ cinemascore.

Kal, if they bring Bale back, it undermines TDKR and makes it look completely useless and all for nothing.. Nolan screwed you the fans cause he's not into all this fantasy comicbook stuff as evident with how overly real he had to make his BATMAN movies...

They can model bale partially after Nolans realitictake and the other off the award winning far better than any animated Marvel series

JL...(I give honourable mention to Spectacular SM series by Disney though-That rocked but not quite as good the emmy winning JL and JLU)

Bale could definitely blend a bit of Nolan batman with the animated series detective and action/fantasy like batman.

Just some small changes are needed. NOthing big.

I am baffled by the MOS critics about the movie structure. I d say it was a bold artistic choice ( for a 225m blockbuster) and it changed  from the boring 101 narative structure we see in every movie. Plus I had no probems following the plot. People have a really narrow and thin comfort zone when it comes to movies. I think MOS is a very unique film in the superhero landscape.

Oh well, to each his own.

some ppl here on some forum commented that as Snyder fans they were disappointed that it felt like he as a director couldnt express himself freely when controlled & limited by studio & producers & the film felt fake & not as a Snyder film

personally I never was that excited for this film so no expectations on my part

I may check it out but def not the big screen

If someone pays for me I might tho :P  but i dont see any candidates :lol:

all my friends want to watch nysm, WHD, the Heat, Til Shweiger etc etc instead :)

54m?  how ?

Just saying thats the range I feel.. I was predicting 57M before.  But I guess I will be off by 3-6millon or so on the highend.

And you keep forgetting its not the first time increases will suprise everyone.

What do you mean how. A big increase Sat and Sund. Thats how.