Jandrew

Sunday/Wknd #'s, MU 23-24/82, WWZ 17-18/66, MoS 11.7-12.3/41.2, TITE 13, NYSM 7.8 BOM, RTH

Let's get real, there was zero depth in MOS. You either loved it for the action or you didn't like it at all.

Actually MOS has wonderful depth.  The man of two worlds struggling to find his place in the universe, realizing that he belongs in both places, and that for a superlative reason, proffered a profound angle to the age-old theme of what a person decides to do with the cards dealt him.  Unfortunately, the pacing of the film is so bad that it forces the audience to speed over that depth at 60 knots, and come to a hard stop at the action.  Shame that.

• Like 2

There's only been one good story on record and that was BB. TDK, MOS, and the rest of them have all either been meh (neither bad nor good which includes MOS and TDK) or garbage. 

Even though I think TDK is heavily overrated, you are not going to find very many people that agree with what you wrote above. It has a pretty good story even if it's overrated.

• Like 1

There's only been one good story on record and that was BB. TDK, MOS, and the rest of them have all either been meh (neither bad nor good which includes MOS and TDK) or garbage. 

I think alot of movie fans would disagree with you that Goyer's take on the Joker and TDK sucked.

ROFL. The writer and his submitting ideas to Nolan and everyone is a great contribution to TDKS

mega boxoffice.. Both HL and Nolan praised Goyer I might ad..   If Nolan is requesting him for his films,

ythats all that needs to be said. :)

TDK's story wasn't particularly good. Ledger made it good. 

Ledger was gold. I just caught Brokeback Mountain again. What a performance!!!  :wub:

Even though I think TDK is heavily overrated, you are not going to find very many people that agree with what you wrote above. It has a pretty good story even if it's overrated.

I have a problem with the story because I thought it was all rather predictable and especially the part with Dent was almost bordering on Melodrama, cliche, and etc. IMO. 

I have a problem with the story because I thought it was all rather predictable and especially the part with Dent was almost bordering on Melodrama, cliche, and etc. IMO. 

The last 10 minutes of that film is arguably the best 10 minutes of any superhero movie, and Ledger isn't even part of it.

• Like 6

Wow Redfire buddy I cant believe you said that about TDK. You know our fellow Batfan Alfred will

get you for that statement onTDK. :D LOL..  I loved TDK, I did think bats could have been fleshed out a lil better

and I agree with you Goyer and Nolan spit on us sometimes with not showing the deepness of Waynes character and why

he is also the world's greatest detective. Flaws and all, I agree its another winner in script writing and story

telling for Goyer Red. Amen... When they do batman in JL(Bale or new guy) I want to see the detective side and more

deepness to the Wayne Character. :)

I love Ledger's performance, but he is not the only good thing about that movie.

I love Ledger's performance, but he is not the only good thing about that movie.

Amen.. The brillance of some of the story like the criminals vs normal citizens.Man that  was a great sequence :)

Ledger is the reason it's overrated, but he is only part of why it's good. Nolan, his brother, Goyer, Oldman, Eckhart, Pfister, and a bunch of others played a big role in making it a good movie.

Red, how the fanboys at SHH with their claims that Shannon is better/on par with Ledger?  :lol: I hope such ridiculous things have calmed down

He is the thing that made the movie what it is. 

He is one of things , the mystique of his death and its being such a well made movie

is what made TDK what is and Nolan, Goyer and so many talents are also  the reason.

ITs crazy to give the success of TDK solely on HL  Ric..  The same thing happened when Brandon Lee

died while making an epic film, the mystique supercharged the BO of that one too... And added even more

folks going to see what would have been a much smaller comic film.

Ledger was gold. I just caught Brokeback Mountain again. What a performance!!! :wub:

Watched it on TBS last night. Ledger steals the show, I mean it was perfection. The movie does have a couple issues after a few rewatches, but Joker seems to get better. I mean even Ledgers mannerisms were spot on and creative. Shame to see him go, he would be a true power in Hollywood right now. Great acting from everyone though, Bale brought it too. Edited by LeFlop James
  • Like 1

The last 10 minutes of that film is arguably the best 10 minutes of any superhero movie, and Ledger isn't even part of it.

I always thought the big final scene of TDK was kinda underrated. Eckhart's monologue there is fantastic.

• Like 4

Red, how the fanboys at SHH with their claims that Shannon is better/on par with Ledger?  :lol: I hope such ridiculous things have calmed down

They have. Not only was the performance not as good, but the writing wasn't anywhere near what Chris and Jonah Nolan came up with for the Joker. Their dialogue for that character is heavily, heavily, HEAVILY underrated. People act like Heath just came up with every line on the spot. Not the truth at all.

• Like 3

Shannon was good, but comparing him to Ledger is just stupid. Comic book movie villains ranking for me so far is:

- Ledger

- McKellen

Everyone else.