Jandrew

Sunday/Wknd #'s, MU 23-24/82, WWZ 17-18/66, MoS 11.7-12.3/41.2, TITE 13, NYSM 7.8 BOM, RTH

When I saw MOS I noticed IM3 had a sold out showing-but there was a reason, it was on the smallest screen so there you go! Same thing happened with The Croods when I saw IM3.

Caught Monsters University and Bling Ring today.  Monsters was definitely enjoyable and had some cute moments but overall it just didn't live up to the standard Pixar has set for itself.  Missed a lot of the wit of some of the stronger entries in the brand.  The Bling Ring was a lot of fun and just a cool story to watch.  Have a massive weak spot for Watson but I thought she nailed it.  It's typical Coppola but in my opinion that's not a bad thing.

• Like 2

Per Tele's advice, watching In The Loop in honor of James Gandolfini. Pretty damn funny movie so far. It is on Netflix streaming, so pretty easy to watch for anyone curious. Gandolfini's first scene is around 30 minutes into the film and I'm cracking up. His character is great. He's a pervert army general. :lol:

I watched The Last Castle yesterday. :lol:  Gandolfini steals every scene he is in.  Can't wait to see him one last time next year.

Edited by Shpongle
  • Like 2

I watched The Last Castle yesterday. :lol:  Gandolfini steals every scene he is in.  Can't wait to see him one last time next year.

And here I thought I was the only person who ever liked that movie. Mah man.

Another thing about sellouts are I am starting to notice less and less really big films having sellouts due to the fact there are more and more showings for them.

I'm glad though that the days of long lines are over...

(And nobody should complain about DVD or Blu Ray prices-VHS tapes use to be over 80 dollars in the 80s! Hey it cost 70 dollars for a NES game even!)

Just got back from our favorite hangout -Walmart, and there was MOS on rice crispies, twizzlers, cheeze its, and pringles, and MU on kellogg aka froot loops/fruit snacks, pez, cheeze it packs, juicy juice, and pillsbury roll things, and DM on gogurt and cheetos. There was probably alot of other stuff that I missed. Thats Hollywwod marketing and American consumerism at its finest. There was also WWZ on Lunchables and deordorant and Pac Rim on houseware, bathroom supplies, and Tampax tampons.

Edited by LeFlop James

There was also WWZ on Lunchables and deordorant and Pac Rim on houseware, bathroom supplies, and Tampax tampons.

I think your trying to see if we are paying attention :P:lol:

Go to the movies guys!By the way, my friend said WWZ was terrible. Anyone here who has seen it? Should I give it a chance?

I really liked it. But you see the mixed reactions. I say give it a shot. Unless you want a safe choice and rewatch MoS.
  • Like 1

Well Jay I saw tons of stuff advertising for the movie Red. Every time I saw a place to pick a color it said "Red this" "Red that" Dang they are really upping the advertisments!

Of course Up had tons also-I saw the word UP on tons of stuff.

I really liked it. But you see the mixed reactions. I say give it a shot. Unless you want a safe choice and rewatch MoS.

The only time I have is today. Then MU on Thursday (opens here on Wednesday) then DM ll the week after. If WWZ is really bad like what my friend said, I'd rather save my money. Thanks by the way.

Thanks :) I hope MU will behave in line with the usual pattern of Pixar movies then :D

Just saw it. Very good movie. It doesn't quite match up to my all time Pixar favorites but its head and shoulders above Cars 2 and liked it better than Brave. I was disappointed with the short. It was beautifully animated but the story fell flat for me.
  • Like 2

Well I'm hearing people that don't like zombie films liking WWZ...

Baumer strangely didnt like MOS :(. He and I have similar tastes and he did like WWZ said almost

as good as IAL but not quite. So  I gues WWZ is about a 6-7 out of 10. I will catch  a mantinee

of it  possibly this or next week. I really want to see Monsters University and a 3D helping of MOS :)

Just got back from our favorite hangout -Walmart, and there was MOS on rice crispies, twizzlers, cheeze its, and pringles, and MU on kellogg aka froot loops/fruit snacks, pez, cheeze it packs, juicy juice, and pillsbury roll things, and DM on gogurt and cheetos. There was probably alot of other stuff that I missed. Thats Hollywwod marketing and American consumerism at its finest.There was also WWZ on Lunchables and deordorant and Pac Rim on houseware, bathroom supplies, and Tampax tampons.

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Edited by Sam
  • Like 1