Jandrew

Sunday/Wknd #'s, MU 23-24/82, WWZ 17-18/66, MoS 11.7-12.3/41.2, TITE 13, NYSM 7.8 BOM, RTH

Great weekend.World War Z had the 2nd biggest opening weekend ever for a horror film. (Or horror elements for those who think its not part horror).1. I Am Legend2. World War Z3. Signs4. Hannibal5. Paranormal Activity 3

I don't think you can classify 1,2,3 and straight horror movies.

I think WHD can go higher, I just threw some #'s together to see if we could get to $200M. Ima stick with $42 for the time being, but if it did $50M i wouldnt be surprised. Heat on the other hand, Im just not getting the vibes, at least not $50M vibes. I see no more than $45 for that, but ill stick with $38 for right now.

Edited by LeFlop James

Great weekend.World War Z had the 2nd biggest opening weekend ever for a horror film. (Or horror elements for those who think its not part horror).1. I Am Legend2. World War Z3. Signs4. Hannibal5. Paranormal Activity 3

I am Legend definitely isn't Horror. WWZ is pretty far from Horror, and this doesn't even have horror elements. I think the only thing on the list that could be construed as anything close to horror is PA3. 

• Like 1

So, if we're speaking realistically, PA3 has the horror opener crown for the forseeable future, unless you really stretch the definition with Signs and Hannibal

Just guestimating some numbers1. MU $45M -45%2. WHD $42M3. Heat $38M4. WWZ $30M -54%5. MOS $24 -41%6. TITE $8 -38%7. NYSM $5 -35%8. F6 $2.6 -43%9. ITSHP $1.8 -47%10. STID $1.6 -46%11. Purge $1.4 -58%12. IM3 $1.3 -38%Thats $200.7 for the top 12. Another $200M weekend?

You're being to generous to MoS. It's weekdays were middling at best and it collapsed almost 65% this weekend.

You're being to generous to MoS. It's weekdays were middling at best and it collapsed almost 65% this weekend.

i was just throwing numbers and drops out there, but one weekend doesnt decide the other. Most movies stabilize back with the 3rd weekend.

I don't think you can classify 1,2,3 and straight horror movies.

Signs is definitely suspense horror. I rem it being very scary Neo bud.

Rem the scenes with them getting prepared and the aliens breaking in the house and them trapped

in the basement.. Definitely horrific or  looking out the window and seeing an alien watching them on the roof.lol

I Am Legend: zombie/vampire things/outbreak/apocalypse = horror elements. Classes as "action horror" on BOM/imdbWorld War Z : zombie film. Jump scares/apocalypse = horror elementsClassed as action/sci fi horror on BOM / imdbSigns : riddled with jump scares/ foreboding dread throughout. Classed as scifi horror on BOM / imdbHannibal: about a man who eats people. Has a scene where someone eats their own brains. Horror.Paranormal activity : out and out horror. Designed to scare its audience. The end.

Tom it faced NBA finals one of the most high rated in years. Please collasped?? LOL

Seem to hold pretty good against WWZ and MU super performing you mean.And its on its way to 300M and 800M WW.

I think you need to correct those statements lol.

I am Legend definitely isn't Horror. WWZ is pretty far from Horror, and this doesn't even have horror elements. I think the only thing on the list that could be construed as anything close to horror is PA3.

Here we are folks, zombies are now classed as "not even horror elements".

i was just throwing numbers and drops out there, but one weekend doesnt decide the other. Most movies stabilize back with the 3rd weekend.

I think 41% drop for MOS is too generous. IM3 dropped about 50% in its 3rd weekend, and that movie is in May, the month with far stronger weekend than weekdays.

I Am Legend: zombie/vampire things/outbreak/apocalypse = horror elements. Classes as "action horror" on BOM/imdbWorld War Z : zombie film. Jump scares/apocalypse = horror elementsClassed as action/sci fi horror on BOM / imdbSigns : riddled with jump scares/ foreboding dread throughout. Classed as scifi horror on BOM / imdbHannibal: about a man who eats people. Has a scene where someone eats their own brains. Horror.Paranormal activity : out and out horror. Designed to scare its audience.The end.

Agreed.. Signs is definitely a horror as is Worldwar Z. Iam legend without  a doubt a Zombie  Horror

Apocalypse  film

I think 41% drop for MOS is too generous. IM3 dropped about 50% in its 3rd weekend, and that movie is in May, the month with far stronger weekend than weekdays.

Ahh Sam  but MOS is a far better film than IM3, so I think it will stabilize.. I think 40-43% drop is likely.

To you, not everyone. 

To you, not everyone. 

I will use mass hynosis to make folks come around lol.... Well alot of people are digging the film Sam.

And sinces a reboot coming off a flop. I think its a nobrainer that the majority love this Superman film big time. 300-315+M , OS 500-550+ M for reboot is pretty damn Scary!!