Jandrew

Sunday/Wknd #'s, MU 23-24/82, WWZ 17-18/66, MoS 11.7-12.3/41.2, TITE 13, NYSM 7.8 BOM, RTH

The Purge made back it's entire budget at midnight. Say what you want about quality or legs, but that opening day was a freak of nature. Can't ignore NYSM breaking out too. IM3 is obviously the most positive, massive hit of the summer, but that's not the big story so far. 

• Like 2

The Purge-as bad as that film probably is, you can't ignore how successful it was...

But that's been done before, I mean TDI. Gatsby's never ever ever been accomplished before. 

I make a lot of bad calls so I'm allowed to gloat a little when I make a good one.  The thing about WWZ is that to me, it looked crystal clear.  I know it didn't for most others but zombies and Pitt in a tentpole of this magnitude just looked can't miss.  If this hits 70 mill, it will have a great chance at 200.

• Like 6

No way. They spent $200m making it. IM3 is the biggest success story of the summer.

No I think he means all that looked bad for the movie and for it start like this.. I think legs of this film will determine if its

a huge success story Red.. And indeed IM3 is the biggest success story, but it did have the steroids left over from Avengers to help it.

Its not a true solo stunner in that sense.

Well I expected 50 M for it.

Ah. Good to see I wasn't the only one. I distinctly remember being laughed at when I said it could open to 50 at the beginning of the year. (Though I might be making that up in my head. I dunno :lol:)

• Like 2

Thankfully I have WWZ in my top 15.

I have it in my Top 15, but I could miss the gross by 50M. LOL, what a fail. I think I predicted 110 total  :mellow: Hoping its total stay in the 140-150 range

• Like 1

On the way to WWZ hopefully I'll get some tickets.Amazing numbers so far. Can't wait for the update later tonight. I want MU to hit the high end of 32 for 80+ weekend. WWZ simply amazing, I thought 50 was the high end. MoS great comeback.

• Like 1

Am I the only one who enjoyed TGG more than IM3 :ph34r:

No. Gatsby's my #2 of the year. Ahed of Before midnight of all things, and behind the xavier dolan film I was able to preview. 

I make a lot of bad calls so I'm allowed to gloat a little when I make a good one.  The thing about WWZ is that to me, it looked crystal clear.  I know it didn't for most others but zombies and Pitt in a tentpole of this magnitude just looked can't miss.  If this hits 70 mill, it will have a great chance at 200.

Awesome call!

• Like 1

I actually called Gatsby and Purge breaking out way before most people, and in recent weeks I felt a ton of buzz for WWZ, but NYSM passing 100? Nah, no way. I thought it would do 22/70. Its run has really impressed me.

• Like 1

Hah hah Baumer what us old and legendary ones make in bad calls. We make up for it all by picking out of the ballpark winners on numerous occassions.. " Lol in the words from Jerry Maguire"  " Thats how you get great man, hang  your balls out there!"  LOL

I have it in my Top 15, but I could miss the gross by 50M. LOL, what a fail. I think I predicted 110 total  :mellow: Hoping its total stay in the 140-150 range

I don't know know for sure, but I would guess that there are about half the players who don't have it in the top 15.

• Like 1