#ED

Wknd Est: MU - 46.1M; The Heat - 40M; WWZ - 29.8M; WHD - 25.7M; MoS - 20.8M; (pg 104)

Because a couple of months ago some people said he was bigger than those.

At the moment, domestically? He might be.

I just feel putting up his short body of work against that of stars who have had much longer careers isn't fair. All of those stars took their early lumps. Imagine if Wild Wild West came out today? Forget it. 

• Like 2

Tatum's 2012 films had other reasons for success. 

Teh Vow - Romantic film released around  Valentine's Day and had Rachel McAdams of The Notebook fame

21 Jump Street - had funny trailers and had Jonah Hill who is known for doing films like that

Magic Mike - the whole male stripper plot was the main draw to women and it had Matthew McCoughnahey, who is known for starring in many chick flicks

How much success they had because of Tatum is up in the air. I am not revising anything, that is how I always felt

But there are a myriad of reasons for a films success.  Actors might help for sure but you can take all the so called A-listers and put them in a film and it still could bomb.  Look at a film like New Years Eve or Movie 43.  You have to have the marketing, the story and the je ne sais quois that appeals to people. 

Tatum's 2012 films had other reasons for success. 

Teh Vow - Romantic film released around  Valentine's Day and had Rachel McAdams of The Notebook fame

21 Jump Street - had funny trailers and had Jonah Hill who is known for doing films like that

Magic Mike - the whole male stripper plot was the main draw to women and it had Matthew McCoughnahey, who is known for starring in many chick flicks

How much success they had because of Tatum is up in the air. I am not revising anything, that is how I always felt

Mm was not the reason why magic mike was big. The marketing Camp made it a big women night event'

"On June 28 tell your husband that you are going to the bookclub"

• Like 1

I just feel putting up his short body of work against that of stars who have had much longer careers isn't fair. All of those stars took their early lumps. Imagine if Wild Wild West came out today? Forget it. 

Wild Wild West didn't came out today, but After Earth came out 1 month ago  :ph34r:  :P  :lol:

• Like 1

Agreed.  No one is saying that Tatum is a bigger draw over a career than Hanks or Cruise, but at this time, right now, Tatum gets butts in the seats more than they do.

• Like 1

Agreed.  No one is saying that Tatum is a bigger draw over a career than Hanks or Cruise, but at this time, right now, Tatum gets butts in the seats more than they do.

based on 3 movies you've come this acknowledgement? 

I would see Bling Ring but I heard Paris Hilton shows up....

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaah...

Trust me, if you hate her, then you need to see The Bling Ring.  I think Coppola even took it easy on her in this film and she still makes her looks like a shallow debutante.  It doesn't take much to do so.  And in this film, she really looks like a spoiled bitch with no concept of control or charity.  She looks greedy, egomaniacal and self centered.

Sorry B., but Jack Reacher did 220M WW and Oblivion did 285M WW. Both are bigger than any of Tatum's recent movies :P So at this time, right now, Cruise is bigger than Tatum :lol:

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

based on 3 movies you've come this acknowledgement? 

4, and yes I have.  How many films would you like him to open well before he is?

Sorry B., but Jack Reacher did 220M WW and Oblivion did 285M WW. Both are bigger than any of Tatum's recent movies :P So Cruise still puts more butts in the seats than Tatum.

You're talking WW.  I'm talking domestically.