Biggestgeekever

Wkend #s: 82.5 DM2, 29.4 TFR, 25 Heat, 19.6 MU

I can't wait for The Good Dinosaur. I hope that movie is as inventive and creative as Pixar's earliest work. If that comes out mediocre, quality wise, I'll be on life alert. I didn't realize all those were being released that summer. Thanks Kayu. HTTYD2Ninja TurtlesFast 7ApesSin CityASM2 (sue me)22 Jump StreetSeems like a fun one

Edited by Letsuseournoggin
  • Like 1

Quality wise this summer has just been "meh".IM3 and STID I enjoyed but none of them were great movies.MOS was a mediocre movie and FF6 was terrible (I'm surprised at the good reviews that movie got).I'm hoping and praying that Pacific Rim and the Wolverine are actually good. Need something to lift my weary soul.

Only great film this summer (so far) is This is the End.

Liked Man of Steel a lot. Enjoyed Iron Man 3, Fast & Furious 6 (Fast Five was better) and Great Gatsby. World War Z was a zombie movie ashamed of being a zombie movie (The bit where the one scientist name-drops "zombie" and the others groan is the film commenting on itself) and a boring, forgettable one at that.

White House Down was a mess; rampant in Emmerichisms (lazy stereotypes, yet another retarded attempt at injecting politics into a mindless actioner, etc.) Tatum and Foxx were great together. When its just them bouncing off each other, it works. But those moments are few and far between.

Despicable Me 2 was cute and I laughed plenty but not as good as Despicable Me. Monsters University was middle of the road, bland Pixar; not bad but good either.

The Hangover Part III was dead within the first 10 minutes. Fails as a comedy (Only laughed... twice, I think?) and mean-spirited. All for dark, twisted humor but the stuff they did here was just...

The Lone Ranger was not the disaster everyone (including myself) pegged it to be. But it was still a bad movie overall.

Star Trek Into Darkness is easily the biggest letdown this summer. So much anticipation after Star Trek (2009) and all they did was cut and past Wrath of Khan along with whatever recent popular blockbusters Kurtzman, Orci and Lindelof saw and Abrams half-awake shot it.

• Like 1

I can't wait for The Good Dinosaur. I hope that movie is as inventive and creative as Pixar's earliest work. If that comes out mediocre, quality wise, I'll be on life alert.I didn't realize all those were being released that summer. Thanks Kayu.HTTYD2Ninja TurtlesFast 7ApesSin CityASM2 (sue me)22 Jump StreetSeems like a fun one

August will be fun to watch. Haven't read FIFTY SHADES OF GREY (and I don't have any plans) but I feel it's gonna be big.

• Like 1

Isn't that in April?I thought we were looking at next summer?

It's actually in November. I'm not interested in much for Summer 2014. DOFP? Maybe.