Biggestgeekever

Wkend #s: 82.5 DM2, 29.4 TFR, 25 Heat, 19.6 MU

You know thinking about it-the last movie I saw in theaters I probably would give an F too would be-Speed 2.Even Wild Wild West had it's moments (though that giant spider is...ugh...).

• Founder / Operator

He needs a big blockbuster before he can do that.

That's what I'm saying... he's gonna get one very soon.

In fact, he's already setting up an original sci-fi movie with WB. I think they see him as the next big thing, too.

Edited by ShawnMR
  • Like 4

In fact, he's already setting up an original sci-fi movie with WB. I think they see him as the next big thing, too.

Fantastic to know. Gareth Edwards is another director in which I have high hopes. Monsters is incredible. Hopefully Godzilla will amaze.

• Like 1

• Founder / Operator

Okay-if DM2 did not come out this weekend-how much do you think MU could of ended up with at the box office?

With no DM2 this summer at all?

$350-375m.

• Founder / Operator

Fantastic to know. Gareth Edwards is another director in which I have high hopes. Monsters is incredible. Hopefully Godzilla will amaze.

I was big fan of Hitchhiker's Guide myself.

In fact, he's already setting up an original sci-fi movie with WB. I think they see him as the next Nolan.

He is. Or a Neill Blomkamp.

"Take Shelter" had me crying for fuck's sake, and rewatching the final scenes twenty times.

And even "Mud" had style in spades.

Edited by The Lone Despicable Shay
  • Like 1

Another tangent, since everyone's bringing up Fast 6 in their top films: I'm amazed at the trajectory of this series. Three years ago I couldn't have cared less about these movies, but now I think these people understand story and character more than the people behind Man of Steel or Star Trek Into Darkness did. Sure, they're riddled with cliches, but all of these characters have become so distinguishable and empathetic. The movies would still be fun with the incredible action setpieces, but I've become invested in Fast & Furious, which on paper sounds crazy. The seventh one is one of my most anticipated of next year. 

• Like 4

It is a terrifying tangent.

Suddenly, I don't feel bad anymore about you people dissing Ranger.

I can give half a fuck about the opinion of people who place FF6 on their top lists.

Edited by The Lone Despicable Shay

Before Midnight was scheduled to open here last July 3 but was moved to July 10 which is a very good decision since it's so competitive in the PH box office right now. Apart from DM2, MU, White House Down, World War Z and a local family movie are doing good as well. All movies had sell out at the theater I went to yesterday. Poor Bling Ring though, they were marketing it heavily on Emma Watson but it's not doing well and is now sharing screens even if it only opened last July 3. I wanted to see it but the missed the screening time I wanted to get to because of the lines in the ticket booth

Edited by forg

It is a terrifying tangent.

Suddenly, I don't feel bad anymore about you people dissing Ranger.

I can give half a fuck about the opinion of people who place FF6 on their top lists.

That's okay. Given the way you've posted and treated other members for years, I've never cared about your opinion. 

• Like 5