Biggestgeekever

Wkend #s: 82.5 DM2, 29.4 TFR, 25 Heat, 19.6 MU

• Founder / Operator

You are not.

The concept is great, IMO. Every time I see the trailer, I see something far more appealing (to me) than Cars 2 ever was. But it's only the potential... otherwise, Planes just looks a bit soulless.

Should I even bother with the Ridick movies? I hate Vin Diesel, are they any good?

Pitch Black never did much for me, and Chronicles is a turd. Merely my opinion.

Edited by RichWS
  • Like 1

The concept is great, IMO. Every time I see the trailer, I see something far more appealing (to me) than Cars 2 ever was. But it's only the potential... otherwise, Planes just looks a bit soulless.

The trailer passed today in front of Despicable Me, and some cars are in it. I kept thinking if McQueen could make some appearance, until I got reminded that this is Disney's Planes, not Pixar's Planes. Got a bit sad. The premisse has potential. But I doubt the movie will turn out any good for people over 10 years old.

• Like 1

Lets do a little poll:

1. What do you think is the most underrated/overrated film of the year so far? Underrated: Man of Steel/Overrated: Iron Man 3

2. Best scene of the year so far. The fall of the USS Vengeance

3. Best performance of the year so far. Leonardo DiCaprio - Jay Gatsby/Rooney Mara in Side Effects

Why don't you create a thread for this on The Speakeasy forum? It avoids totally derailing this thread and it creates a very good topic of conversation.

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 2

btw Not trying to be a pain in the arse but could some mod do the RTM thread requests that have been piling up? 

You guys are asking for films every day now.  lol