#ED

Wknd Est: DM2 - 44.7M ; GU2 - 42.5M; PR - 38.3M; Heat - 14M; TLR - 11.1M; MU - 10.6M (PG 100)

Hopefully Bay ditches Transformers and helms a sequel to Pacific Rim... That would settle the debate once and for all.

GDT then goes to Transformers and hires the some of the writers from the comics. That would TF on a whole other level...(even if it doesn't sell as well to GA)

Edited by StarSaber

I'll always jump to Bay's defence. Love him as a person and that he always has military power in his movies.

Same I will defend Bay till the bitter end. Other then Pearl Harbor I've liked/loved all of his movies.
  • Like 1

But he'll tank Neil's next movie. Please, Neil, don't do it. Cast another lead. Don't flop yourself.

I don't think he's bad enough that it would hurt the film (I don't think he is bad at all like I said). I believe Blomkamp is good enough as a director and has good enough ideas that whatever Dev Patel actually brings to the next film will be outweighed by the strength of the film itself.

Edited by StarSaber

But he'll tank Neil's next movie. Please, Neil, don't do it. Cast another lead. Don't flop yourself.

Probably, but I will give him 1 last chance to see if he can carry a movie. I doubt he can, but you never know.

You know things are bad when Bay's work is somehow viewed as superior to Del Toro.

So what? Bay has strengths as a director and weaknesses like everyone else. So does GdT. TF strength over PR is that fights are done during the day. Nightime did make some action look muddled in PR. Which is really weird that they opted for night cause kaiju and jaegers looked great in few scenes where they were shown in daytime (kaiju on TV). No need to hide cheap SFX like Underworld cause 200m budget made sure SFX is first-rate.

Also, Shia and Megan were more compelling leads than Hunnam and Kikuchi. Shia is defacto more charismatic and Megan is defacto more eye candy (since both roles were really that in essence).

PR could have been interesting if it took a chance with Chinese and Russian crews over Aussie soap opera or in equal measure instead of just having them in "BTW, we have them too...for international appeal" in the background. At least TF didn't cheat with "this is really united nations movie" when it's really White American Mesisah saves Hong Hong.

• Like 1

I don't think he's bad enough that it would hurt the film (I don't think he is bad at all like I said). I believe Blomkamp is good enough as a director and has good enough ideas that whatever Dev Patel actually brings to the next film will be outweighed by the strength of the film itself.

Probably, but I will give him 1 last chance to see if he can carry a movie. I doubt he can, but you never know.

He's a charisma vaccuum and extremly annoying in person. I know he'll bomb the movie. I guessed every single failed leading man and this one will fail epically. I jusdt don't want people I like to be dragged into the mess.

I just saw it. I didn't think it was that great. It was okay.

How's Charlie Hunam, E? Better than Cavill? :lol: :PWhat don't you like about the movie?