#ED

Wknd Est: DM2 - 44.7M ; GU2 - 42.5M; PR - 38.3M; Heat - 14M; TLR - 11.1M; MU - 10.6M (PG 100)

Disappointed to seeing PR doing the numbers it is, but I think it'll have great WOM. My two friends I went to see it with said they came to make fun of it; they left loving it and saying it was their favorite blockbuster of the summer.

Kanye didn't lie. I loved it too.

• Like 5

It would have to be a Sandler/Ferrell comedy, not a Sandler comedy that costars Ferrell if you understand what I mean.

Oh yes, i know what you mean, and i;m afraid of it... i LOVE Ferrell, but Sandler...pfff, can't stand him no more.... Run Will, run for your life.

It would have to be a Sandler/Ferrell comedy, not a Sandler comedy that costars Ferrell if you understand what I mean.

I think a comedy film in the style of Anger Management would work well for a Sandler/Ferrell film, Ferrell tends to do quite well when he's paired with another actor eg Blades of Glory, The Other Guys, The Campaign, Step Brothers. Edited by Jonwo
  • Like 1

Speaking of Sandler-Ferrell, werent they supposed to be in 3 Mississippi together? What ever happened to that movie?

I bring that up all the time. It doesn't seem to be happening anytime soon. And Sandler keeps piling on these new projects that are in development. And I can't fucking stand it.

I think a comedy film in the style of Anger Management would work well for a Sandler/Ferrell film, Ferrell tends to do quite well when he's paired with another actor eg Blades of Glory, The Other Guys, The Campaign, Step Brothers.

Ferrell is more open to working with different and relatively successful people, and also give them a proper chance to shine unlike Sandler whose 'style' overshadows his costars because he thinks people won't identify his films as Sandler films if his costars had a chance to shine.

• Like 1

Just got out of PR. What an absolute mess of a film. I've rarely seen a film fail so miserably while simultaneously succeeding so exhilaratingly. The story and characters are some of the absolute worst I've ever seen in a blockbuster, while the action sequences are some of the absolute best. But good lord that first hour. I don't know if I've ever been as mind numbingly bored as I was that first hour. F for the story/characters, A for the visuals/art direction/ action. The GA is not going to go big for this though. WOM will be very mixed among GA.

Just got out of PR. What an absolute mess of a film. I've rarely seen a film fail so miserably while simultaneously succeeding so exhilaratingly. The story and characters are some of the absolute worst I've ever seen in a blockbuster, while the action sequences are some of the absolute best. But good lord that first hour. I don't know if I've ever been as mind numbingly bored as I was that first hour. F for the story/characters, A for the visuals/art direction/ action. The GA is not going to go big for this though. WOM will be very mixed among GA.

I didn't expect this type of review at all.

Didn't you call a 9M OD earlier?  :rolleyes:

I love ya MovieMan.

So you having a problem with the movie means WOM will be mixed?

No WOM will be mixed because that mess of a story/ characters is not gonna fly well with some people. This isn't a franchise film that can afford that and still do well. Edited by MovieMan89