#ED

Wknd Est: DM2 - 44.7M ; GU2 - 42.5M; PR - 38.3M; Heat - 14M; TLR - 11.1M; MU - 10.6M (PG 100)

it is funny to read to go back and read the reactions to the first trailers. People were saying the marketing would get better and the next trailer would be epic. They finally released an epic trailer, about four or five days before the movies release lol

• Like 1

Hmm. All I can hope for is legs. IMAX 3D show was sold out tonight, crowd really dug it.

Same here. Just finished. Great crowd reaction. At least people loved it but again what do you expect from a city filled with technologists.It does generate a lot of talk. Everyone is talking about it while leaving :).

it is funny to read to go back and read the reactions to the first trailers. People were saying the marketing would get better and the next trailer would be epic. They finally released an epic trailer, about four or five days before the movies release lol

I remember arguing in circles over when the marketing was gonna kick in. Several were saying WB had this grand marketing scheme up their sleeve that was gonna blow us away, because they were ultra passionate about PR. :lol:

Edited by MovieMan89

Hell no! Shay's a legend and he was right so he should lord over unwashed masses who didn't believe him.

I was kidding. If only we had convinced Shay to watch PR 7-8 times instead of his dreadful designated 5 times, maybe the Shay curse would have turn out for the better  ^_^

Welp, MovieMan89, Sims, et al, looks like you were right and I was wrong. Kudos to y'all.

Slow down there bud, we still don't even have official  RTH estimates. If it does 15m+ for today it definitely didn't do as bad as some of us have been saying. Still may not be a "bomb." Appreciate you being so eager to accept crow. :P May still  be a bit premature for that though. :)

Edited by MovieMan89

I seriously can't fathom why people would want to see Grown Ups 2. I've heard from various people that it insults all senses.

There's no shortage of people who have no sense, sadly.

I was kidding. If only we had convinced Shay to watch PR 7-8 times instead of his dreadful designated 5 times, maybe the Shay curse would have turn out for the better  ^_^

I think I figured out the curse. It can't switch just because he liked a movie he hated sight unseen or hated a movie that he supported sight unseen. The first curse (support or not sight unseen) is the real one. hence why PR is flopping (he supported it and removing support after the viewing didn't remove original curse).

Edited by fishnets
  • Like 1