kayumanggi

INFERNO | 10.28.16 | Sony | final gross ● 34.34 M

I am pretty sure this will die in development hell.

I doubt it. Have you seen the overseas numbers for the first two. They were huge. And that was before expanding markets. Also, Tom Hanks has just starred in two hits so his star cred has gone up again. Not to mention this is a good example of an adult skewing blockbuster that counterprograms against others (and a move to the fall could help it a lot) 

and the main thing is, this is one of the few franchises that Sony has. They can't afford to let it go

Edited by John Marston
  • Like 1

I see way too many movies with release dates right now that I don't see happening. This one is a good bet, but if it is to get made, Sony totally needs to move it the Easter holidays. It is a huge time OS.

Edited by CJohn

National Treasure says hi. 

It seems National Treasure 3 has not been made because 

1. They can't come up with a script that pleases everyone

2. Disney has a huge amount of franchises right now (Star Wars, Marvel)  that they don't need to make another National Treasure, unlike Sony which has a lack of franchises

Huge difference. Hanks is still relevant and the books are still big sellers.

NT3 would be huge anyway. I am just not sure. I see way too many sequels and I truly believe most of them won't get made. We hear nothing about them. 

I see way too many movies with release dates right now that I don't see happening. This one is a good bet, but if it is to get made, Sony totally needs to move it the Easter holidays. It is a huge time OS.

if they move it up a couple of weeks then its holiday 2015 release is fine. Overseas Inferno can challenge Hunger Games

It seems National Treasure 3 has not been made because 

1. They can't come up with a script that pleases everyone

2. Disney has a huge amount of franchises right now (Star Wars, Marvel)  that they don't need to make another National Treasure, unlike Sony which has a lack of franchises

But apparently they need to do Alice 2 and more useless live action adaptations of such things as The Jungle Book and Cinderella...

lol good point, though Alice 2 at least as strong overseas potential

Alice 2's drop will be legendary. The meetings of these dudes should be hilarious. Between NT3 and Pirates 5, these guys move forward with Alice 2...

• Like 1

If this stays dec 18 itll be the dumbest move since mi5 announcing Christmas AFTER SW MOVED move it to LATE may no one is going to see that tomorrowland shit

MI5's date is perfect and Tomorrowland will gross 100M, calling it now

My guess is that if Hanks does this he will get some ungodly sum like 25 mill plus a % of the gross.  So that might be one obstacle.  I don't think they should make it without him but if he asks/wants too much money, it might not be viable.  And they can't open it against SW and the Tin/Amy movie.