kayumanggi

INFERNO | 10.28.16 | Sony | final gross ● 34.34 M

On 4/5/2016 at 4:26 AM, portgas said:

A&D is legit awesome. I really enjoy the movies and books, really looking forward to Inferno. Still salty they skipped Lost Symbol, though.

The Lost Symbol is my least favorite, but I would totally still watch a movie about it. But I think that if they are going to try to generate interest in this franchise again Inferno is a better choice

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Ron Howard is just a likable director period. Sure he hasn't been all hits, but he has made some pretty darn good films, and he's a guy you can't help but root for.

Generally yes.  For awhile I felt him workmanlike...entertaining films, but not great.  But good filmmaker.  Then he made the Grinch...fuck you Aron Howard for that piece of garbage.  But then...he made some great films.  Frost / Nixon was the one where I said...shit, damn Ron.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kowhite said:

Generally yes.  For awhile I felt him workmanlike...entertaining films, but not great.  But good filmmaker.  Then he made the Grinch...fuck you Aron Howard for that piece of garbage.  But then...he made some great films.  Frost / Nixon was the one where I said...shit, damn Ron.  

You may be getting a real taste of my movie opinions tonight and a lot of them may not be so pleasant but

Spoiler

Howard's Grinch is one of my all time favourite movies.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DAJK said:

You may be getting a real taste of my movie opinions tonight and a lot of them may not be so pleasant but

Hide contents

Howard's Grinch is one of my all time favourite movies.

Um...err...

Ahh...I ...agree with you on Mission Impossible 2?

• Like 1

I don't know how much this one will exactly do, box office-wise, to be honest.

I mean....The Da Vinci Code made $758M WW.....2nd biggest grosser of 2006. Huge hit for what it was.

Then Angels & Demons dropped to nearly $486M WW. Kinda steep drop....due to people not liking DVC. Still a sizable hit.

This one might become of the wildcards of this year. Either it becomes a profitable success......or yet another underperformer.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34
  • Like 1

@taran_adarsh
XCLUSIV: Teaser poster of #Inferno. Releases in India on 14 Oct, 2 weeks before US. Stars Tom Hanks, Irrfan Khan. 

ChxtDHGUoAEv2LA.jpg:orig

@IMDb
Get the exclusive first look at the #Inferno poster starring @tomhanks

ChyF3RKXIAA-Mqt.jpg

Edited by Black Hawk
  • Like 1

I'm not sure what Sony are expecting as it'll open lower than Angels and Demons for sure. I think $30-35m would be good for the OW but I don't know if that's likely. It'll make more money OS on par with the previous films