A Marvel Fanboy

Actresses That Should Have Had a Bigger Career ?

She's really only been around since 2008 and hasn't really been in anything that would make her a star yet.  She will get there.  She's well known for Twilight and for serious films like Up in the Air.  Kendrick will no doubt be a big star one day imo.

Agreed! With her as she is young still and is picking smart good roles.

And as I said above on some others, for women talking about above, sometimes the choices is theres that they don't want the movie career - as they do the family life...or they go tv, which allows good money and better hours, and they can stay at home.

Rachel McAdams - can't believe no one but me picked her as she was the hot girl 5 years ago and is single, so she doesn't fit the above.

Angie Jolie - wonder if she could have gone into serious movies, if she wanted a movie career over the family life?

• Like 1

Actresses That Should Have Had a Bigger Career ?

I am thinking more of people that they tried to have a career but it didn't happen

I say Rachel McAdams is a big one???? Like I said above.

They tried to make Julia Stiles "happen" forever.

Well she decide to go to college - Yale or Princeton

Denise Richards.

Well she was famous for that lesbian kiss and then she was laughed at for playing a scientist in the James Bond movie, plus she wanted to be a full time mother, as she now has 3 kids.

Can I say Meryl? :P

But in all seriousness watts. 

Watts started very late and then she is more a full time mother...so her film career period is small

I was thinking about Saoirse Ronan, but she is kinda young, still.

Is she well known enough???

Christina Hendricks' movie career hasn't really been going that well

perfect example...as she has been on tv for years.....so she has been a working actress for years, maybe known better to the tv crowd and Jack but not movie viewers.

I saw the thread title and thought, yep, someone had to go there.

Ha,ha, but the fact that she became a Z-lister right after her supposed big break broke her barely existing career is the best twist ever. She shrieked, career went to poo. Hence Shriekapoo. Note to aspiring actresses: don't shriek. Ever.

• Like 2

I was thinking about Saoirse Ronan, but she is kinda young, still.

She's very talented but not a big charisma. I think that's where her problem lies. She's chasing leading lady roles whereas she should try to build some recognition through supporting work first. And supporting is where she's the most effective anyway.

Moretz is the one with real charisma. She just needs to grow up and type of roles she takes will stop being off-putting to mainstream.

• Like 2

She's very talented but not a big charisma. I think that's where her problem lies. She's chasing leading lady roles whereas she should try to build some recognition through supporting work first. And supporting is where she's the most effective anyway.Moretz is the one with real charisma. She just needs to grow up and type of roles she takes will stop being off-putting to mainstream.

Moetz is young alsoAnd not polished enough to steal roles from older actresses like Natalie Portman or Anna Kendrick etc. Give her 10 years to get the answer right. Edited by West Hollywood

Moetz is young alsoAnd not polished enough to steal roles from older actresses like Natalie Portman or Anna Kendrick etc. Give her 10 years to get the answer right.

I said Moretz needed to grow up first.

Question for BOMers who were posting or lurking on BOM in 2005. Does anyone remember if some people :rofl: thought that :rofl: would happen when she landed a blink-or-you'll-miss-me cameo in WotW? She hyped the whole Spielberg thing in Oz press so much it was ridiculous. I just want to know if there were delluded LOTR fans who thought she wa son the way to Next Big Thing. Drew McWheeny thought so too. :rofl: Once.

• Like 1

Sarah Michelle Gellar. Gorgeous darling of the late 90's and early 00's (and original Whedon partner-in-crime) with a whip smart sense of humor and neat acting chops, but who tragically got typecast as a "Scream Queen" and then signed some interesting roles but then most of those projects were never released, had highly limited releases or straight to DVD. Hollywood wasted her potential big time.

Oh and trivial tidbit for fishnets: Poor SMG featured in a horror dud in 2006 called The Return costarring none other than Miranda Otto's husband, Peter O'Brien! :P

Sarah Michelle Gellar. Gorgeous darling of the late 90's and early 00's (and original Whedon partner-in-crime) with a whip smart sense of humor and neat acting chops, but who tragically got typecast as a "Scream Queen" and then signed some interesting roles but then most of those projects were never released, had highly limited releases or straight to DVD. Hollywood wasted her potential big time.

Oh and trivial tidbit for fishnets: Poor SMG featured in a horror dud in 2006 called The Return costarring none other than Miranda Otto's husband, Peter O'Brien! :P

OMG! That poor bastard really thought he had married a furutre star. Needless to say, both tanked miserably.

Poor SMG. Nothing spells career nosedive like co-starring with Mr Shitto (who, unlike his Missus, at least got a leading role in a Z movie). Great trivia find. I googled that movie and don't know whether to laugh (at Mr Shitto) or cry (voer SMG's fate).

SMG was extraordinary in Cruel Intentions. Like, Oscar worthy. Seriously incredible work. Damn you, Hollywood, damn you!

• Like 1

lol she just disappeared ...

Julia Stiles played J-Law's sister in Silver Linings Playbook...

She's not Leelee Sobieski or Erika Christensen.

OTOH, Lauren Ambrose and Rachel Griffiths should have had a bigger career.

Edited by dashrendar44