A Marvel Fanboy

Actresses That Should Have Had a Bigger Career ?

Miranda Otto really thought she'll get Hollywood big thanks to that thankless role in WOTW? (She is poor man's Caroline Goodall at best). Wow, she really sounds like a pompous diva and she cannot help not hiding it: "Yeah you can write it down, Spielby chose me without auditions, only big stars got that treatment!" L.O.L., I guess she never read the script like big stars do. :lol:

Yep.  

Nicole Kidman.

And I am dead serious.

Well, Nicole is a special case because it wasn't the lack of opportunity that sabotaged her career but too much to chose from. After she won the Oscar, she was the one to first receive top scripts. How the hell she picked those crappy remakes out of top stuff is anyone's guess but that's how downfall started. And then came Botox.

OMG! That poor bastard really thought he had married a furutre star. Needless to say, both tanked miserably.

Poor SMG. Nothing spells career nosedive like co-starring with Mr Shitto (who, unlike his Missus, at least got a leading role in a Z movie). Great trivia find. I googled that movie and don't know whether to laugh (at Mr Shitto) or cry (voer SMG's fate).

SMG was extraordinary in Cruel Intentions. Like, Oscar worthy. Seriously incredible work. Damn you, Hollywood, damn you!

fishnets, have you seen SMG in Veronika Decides To Die, based on Paulo Coelho's book of the same name? Her performance was truly beautiful and award worthy and managed to amaze even Mr. Coelho himself!

Also agree about CI. That last scene where her character Kathryn is caught with the drugs in her cross pendant and Sebastian's diary is distributed among the kids with The Verve's Bittersweet Symphony slowly building in the background was goosebump inducing.

And the fact that she never even got nominated at the Emmies for Buffy even once, let alone actually win, is a disgrace for the ages. If Buffy had come now, mainstream would be lapping it up like nobody's business. I mean Anna Paquin being nominated for True Blood? Lol. SMG and Joss were so before their time! :wub:

• Like 1

havn't seen that movie but you are right about the ending of CI - her silent acting during the Bitterseet Symphony was perfection. It was bitterseet symphony itself.

Ditto on Emmy snubs. She really had to do tons of stuff that Emmy's award but the genre show stigma prevailed, I guess.

A lot of actresses do.

No. A lot of actresses use that excuse for justifying why they didn't beomce bigger. Like, I totally could have bene bigger if I wanted but I chose kids. Which is a jab at actresses who have kids and are big. As if they are bad moms. Just pathetic. Admit that you simply weren't that much in demand or could measure up. We already know.

If Salma Hayek's English weren't so heavily accented, she could've been as big as Jlo once was. That's not a slam at her accent, but Hollywood only “forgives” accents if they are from English-speaking countries. If you have a «Spanish accent,» it better be from Spain (Penelope, Javier, Antonio) or else...

I have always thought that Angela Bassett should have become a full-fledged star. Yes, she once was Oscar nominated and starred in hits alongside Whitney, but her career should be Denzel-and-Meryl like. She has charisma, stage presence, and intelligence, and she is as talented as Meryl. Yes, I went there.

• Like 1

She is doing great.

Not really. She was supposed to be what JLaw is now but that never happened. Nobody cares about her save few Internet fanatics. Anywya, she is exactly where she should be. never deserved to be bigger because she doesn't have what it takes. Charisma vaccuum + no range.

• Like 1