A Marvel Fanboy

Actresses That Should Have Had a Bigger Career ?

Naomi Watts: She is doing very good now. Though her career took off pretty late. Could have been an A-lister.

I think that Naomi Watts likes charisma on screen and during interviews. I think that has hindered her from becoming a major movie star.

I think that there are many actresses who really belong on TV but screwed themselves over by holding onto shitty movie roles because they pay better.

Films don't pay that well unless a person is a top star. TV pays really well per episode if a person becomes a regular member of the cast or has a major recurring role on a series.

Films don't pay that well unless a person is a top star. TV pays really well per episode if a person becomes a regular member of the cast or has a major recurring role on a series.

That is what I thought.

Only top movie stars, just about dozens, get paid (much) better than most TV actors. I bet many major/known TV stars/actors get better pays than C-lister and below movie actors.

Edited by firedeep

I love the career that Kidman's had. Granted she hasn't gotten to do many big movies but she hasn't really needed to. A lot of great roles all throughout her career.

She has/had a great career but it could have been so much more ...

Nobody sees her films now ...

I think that Naomi Watts likes charisma on screen and during interviews. I think that has hindered her from becoming a major movie star.

I don't think Ms. Watts was ever interested in becoming a big star.

Besides she is a name. People know who she is, that’s gotta count for something.

Edited by Boxofficefanatic

I always thought Eliza Dushku had real potential, but she never really landed any roles could be considered breakout, Bring It On was about as close as she came, but even in that Dunst got most of the acclaim.

I still have a soft spot for Eliza, and I could watch that bikini montage scene from The New Guy in a loop all day long. :excited:

• Like 1

I said Moretz needed to grow up first.Question for BOMers who were posting or lurking on BOM in 2005. Does anyone remember if some people :rofl: thought that :rofl: would happen when she landed a blink-or-you'll-miss-me cameo in WotW? She hyped the whole Spielberg thing in Oz press so much it was ridiculous. I just want to know if there were delluded LOTR fans who thought she wa son the way to Next Big Thing. Drew McWheeny thought so too. :rofl: Once.

LOLLLLLI gotta see those interviews.

LOLLLLLI gotta see those interviews.

You should because she was going "I got the part in Spielberg movie without audition although he auditions big stars." So the press was,like "Oh, he has so much confience in you?" and she was,like, "yes. He was the first perosn I told I was pregnant and he was,like, that's great we'll write it into the script". So how stupid one cna be? I mena, if you are a nobody and the part didn't require audition and was easy to write in pregnancy, don't you think it might be an insiginficant part? A cameo? I dunno, it seems logical to me to assume that easily won part cannot possibly be big. Yet the stuck-up idiot thought she was landing a co-lead with TC and called a press conference. For something that turned out to be a cameo. Seriously, some people are not worth defending from detractors cause they give detractors all the ammo to shoot back.

So in Hollywood, TV or movies:

Every actor, no matter how big a star he/she is, always has to do audition for every movie if he/she wants to be in, no matter how small a flick it is.

??

When you get big enough you start getting offered roles without having to audition, not necessarily all the time, but the more famous you become the more often it happens.

It can also happen to lesser ranked actors if the director has someone in mind for a specific role, and directors can also have favorites they have worked with before who they will repeatedly cast in their movies. Joss Whedon is a perfect example of this, you constantly see actors he has worked with before cast in various roles in his movies over and over again, which is a good thing, since he has an amazing eye for talent.

Many big roles are auditioned. Hathaway, Scar-Jo and Knightmare auditioned for Catwoman in TDKR. There's nothing demeaning about it. However, the point of Shittogate is that she thought she was offered a big role w/o audition, as if she and Steven were now like when Leo and Marty make a movie together, whereas in reality she was offered an itsy-bitsy cameo. Hence why she didn't audition. Not because Spielberg had confidence in her star power but because you really don't need to audition for:

You're late.

Milk is in the fridge.

Take care of our children.

Thank you.

Four fuckin lines. 3 at the beginning of the movie and 1 at the end. That's all. Like, what a ditz.

Edited by fishnets

Miranda Otto really thought she'll get Hollywood big thanks to that thankless role in WOTW? (She is poor man's Caroline Goodall at best). Wow, she really sounds like a pompous diva and she cannot help not hiding it: "Yeah you can write it down, Spielby chose me without auditions, only big stars got that treatment!" L.O.L., I guess she never read the script like big stars do. :lol:

Edited by dashrendar44