CJohn

Avatar: Fire and Ash | December 19, 2025 | RIP Jon Landau

What avatar 3 will be about? (tiny spoiler about what isnt shown in avatar 2)

Spoiler

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

On 12/19/2022 at 11:33 AM, IronJimbo said:

These very early titles and Jim has addressed them directly and said they are not final titles, they could be but they're not locked in.

Except THE WAY OF WATER stuck, so... One down, three to go! 😁

On 12/23/2022 at 12:17 PM, SpiderByte said:

Maybe this gets moved back to summer to make room for Spider-Man 4?

Doubt it.  At this point, Disney has that date, and Sony doesn't.  Plus, there's no Spider-Man 4, yet... there likely will be, but I don't think it will be out in two years...well, I suppose it could be.  Whereas actually, I have an industry friend who's wondering if they might try to just grab any rebooted momentum for AVATAR and push #3 a bit earlier...  Probably not, but I don't think it's entirely out of the realm of possibility. 

Actually, I fear most if not all sequels will be set around water. Tulkun rider for 4th is a strong signal of course. But let us remember that 2nd and 3rd film were once a single script. That 2nd movie also ends with a line that Sullys have become part of the water tribe. So it seems highly likely that the 3rd movie will also be based around water a lot.

Personally, I find it to be a missed opportunity, if indeed both 3rd and 4th movie will not move away from water. I know new biomes were also announced for further sequels, but if those end up being just cameo settings - I'll never get over the "loss of rainforest and floating mountain setting".  It's just more visually interesting than water, offering greater visual detail. And it offers more stuff to do physically for the script, as it introduces a vertical space. Tall trees and stuff to do on the branches, floating mountains, ikrans and other flying creatures between those. That's countless levels. As opposed to the water setting which is really the water surface level and perhaps the sea bottom level. 

1 minute ago, eridani said:

Actually, I fear most if not all sequels will be set around water. Tulkun rider for 4th is a strong signal of course. But let us remember that 2nd and 3rd film were once a single script. That 2nd movie also ends with a line that Sullys have become part of the water tribe. So it seems highly likely that the 3rd movie will also be based around water a lot.

Personally, I find it to be a missed opportunity, if indeed both 3rd and 4th movie will not move away from water. I know new biomes were also announced for further sequels, but if those end up being just cameo settings - I'll never get over the "loss of rainforest and floating mountain setting".  It's just more visually interesting than water, offering greater visual detail. And it offers more stuff to do physically for the script, as it introduces a vertical space. Tall trees and stuff to do on the branches, floating mountains, ikrans and other flying creatures between those. That's countless levels. As opposed to the water setting which is really the water surface level and perhaps the sea bottom level. 

I agree with this a lot you know!

I seriously prefer the rainforrest enviroment it's just so much cooler to me. I wanted to see more of bridgehead and the human bases as well. I think A3 will primarily feature the ocean enviroment.

I hope A4 or A5's main place is the rianforrest I really do, but from the sounds of them it will be a mix with us going back to earth. Which will be wild.

Asked what fans can expect, Cameron tells 20 Minutes (via SFFGazette.com), "Different cultures from those I have already shown. The fire will be represented by the 'Ash People.'" 

"I want to show the Na’vi in a different light because, so far, I have only shown their good sides," he continued. "In the early films, there are very negative human examples and very positive Na’vi examples. In Avatar 3, we will do the opposite."

"We will also explore new worlds, while continuing the story of the main characters," Cameron promises. "I can say that the last parts will be the best. The others were an introduction, a way to set the table before serving the meal. But, obviously, everything will depend on how Avatar 2 is received, if it finds its audience."

On 12/23/2022 at 11:17 AM, SpiderByte said:

Maybe this gets moved back to summer to make room for Spider-Man 4?

Nah. Spider-Man 4 has more room to fall than Avatar 3.

Edited by YM!

There is no Spidey 4 for now. We still dont have formal announcement of holland coming back. Plus sign a director and then proceed with pre production. May be they will do it this year but no way they will have the movie ready for 2024. It could be a 2025 december release if they start planning this year. Let us see. Feige would want Holland in next Avengers for sure. Though I dont know how they will resolve the fact that no one knows who Peter Parker is :-)

• Like 1