kitik

Weekend est pg 22 - 2 Guns 27.4, Wolv 21.7, Smurfs 18.2

Alvin restarted the trend of CG/live action films based on cartoons or with cute animals hence why there have been films like Smurfs, G-Force and Yogi. I think WB were looking to do movies based on Marvin the Martian and Hong Kong Phooey which I think are dead now but I wouldn't be surprised it they go ahead with the Looney Tunes film.

The Alvin movies were virtually indiscernible in terms of quality. I couldn't tell you which was better than the other, only that all of them made me ponder the state of children's entertainment.

The first should make you ponder about the state of GA's entertainment. Not just children. :P

Alvin restarted the trend of CG/live action films based on cartoons or with cute animals hence why there have been films like Smurfs, G-Force and Yogi. I think WB were looking to do movies based on Marvin the Martian and Hong Kong Phooey which I think are dead now but I wouldn't be surprised it they go ahead with the Looney Tunes film.

They were supposed to be making a live action CGI Bugs Bunny movie, but that seems to have died out as well (good riddance).

They were supposed to be making a live action CGI Bugs Bunny movie, but that seems to have died out as well (good riddance).

I think a Bugs movie would have struggled hence why they're going for a Looney Tunes film, the CG shorts have shown they work well in CG but I think making the characters 2D or CG with shading similar to Paperman would be better. The previous two Looney Tunes were hybrids as is this new one in development but I'd like to see a fully animated film but IMO The Looney Tunes work best in small doses like shorts or series.

I think a Bugs movie would have struggled hence why they're going for a Looney Tunes film, the CG shorts have shown they work well in CG but I think making the characters 2D or CG with shading similar to Paperman would be better. The previous two Looney Tunes were hybrids as is this new one in development but I'd like to see a fully animated film but IMO The Looney Tunes work best in small doses like shorts or series.

An animated Looney Tunes movie would be perfect.

• Like 2

The first Alvin had good WOM with adults (I am not gonna lie, I had a lot of fun with it). It was the second that killed the franchise (boring and totally for kids... like the first Smurfs). The Smurfs had terrible WOM with adults. Adults were a major force in his success. In the end, it is the parents that buy the tickets. Teens also help in the biggest ones (I am looking at DM2).

My family and I love the first Alvin, yet never watched the others because they looked stupid.So yeah, I agree with that.

An animated Looney Tunes movie would be perfect.

Its been in the works for a long time but I want to see The Jetsons as a live action feature film with Steve Carrell as George Jetson. The success of low budget films like The Purge and The Conjuring might encourage studios to have a better balance of tentpoles and lower budgeted films, Sony won the summer of 2010 with their slate of films which had a wide range of budgets with only one over $100m.
  • Like 2

Its been in the works for a long time but I want to see The Jetsons as a live action feature film with Steve Carrell as George Jetson. The success of low budget films like The Purge and The Conjuring might encourage studios to have a better balance of tentpoles and lower budgeted films, Sony won the summer of 2010 with their slate of films which had a wide range of budgets with only one over $100m.

I haven't seen any Sony film from 2010. :P

Its been in the works for a long time but I want to see The Jetsons as a live action feature film with Steve Carrell as George Jetson.The success of low budget films like The Purge and The Conjuring might encourage studios to have a better balance of tentpoles and lower budgeted films, Sony won the summer of 2010 with their slate of films which had a wide range of budgets with only one over $100m.

I’d rather not. I’m kinda burned out by all these live action adaptations of my childhood cartoons.

Admittedly I’ve always wanted to see a live action Thundercats movie, and I remember when they announced one, of course it never happened.

Lucky. I'd love to see Blue Jasmine but no places showing yet here.

It's the first El Senor movie that I actually want to see (I don't count movies where there are other factors suchg as Leo, Brad, favorite book,etc) so I'm exited. Supposedly she is fun.

Well, fuck blockbusters and kidbusters, I'm going indie this long weekend (we have a bank holiday here) with Blue Jasmine and Fruitvale. There.

I went indie DVD today with Spring Breakers and Upstream Color. I saw the latter because Gopher and a couple others made such a big fuss I had to see what the deal was.

I’d rather not. I’m kinda burned out by all these live action adaptations of my childhood cartoons. Admittedly I’ve always wanted to see a live action Thundercats movie, and I remember when they announced one, of course it never happened.

Thundercats would be cool, the recent animated series was really good but unfornately only last a season, I think a live action film could be great if done right, same with Masters of the Universe. I'm surprised WB hasn't done Jonny Quest as a film.
  • Like 1

I went indie DVD today with Spring Breakers and Upstream Color. I saw the latter because Gopher and a couple others made such a big fuss I had to see what the deal was.

Did they overhype it?Fruitvale Review Page was leaking Gopher's tears. I had to mop my computer table at work. So I figured I should see it.

Thundercats would be cool, the recent animated series was really good but unfornately only last a season, I think a live action film could be great if done right, same with Masters of the Universe. I'm surprised WB hasn't done Jonny Quest as a film.

They announced a live action Jonny Quest several years ago. Again nothing ever came of it.

As for the recent Thundercats show, I agree it was great, shame it was cancelled because of lack of merchandising, and apparently it wasn’t getting the demographic that CN wanted to (more older people were watching it).

Edited by Boxofficefanatic

Did they overhype it?Fruitvale Review Page was leaking Gopher's tears. I had to mop my computer table at work. So I figured I should see it.

The film is very well composed, precise and careful in how each shot is framed and intended. But it's a bit too...not really sure what the right term is, but it definitely felt a bit too arty in some ways. Film needed to be a bit more grounded and real rather than being so clever and theoretical in how it unfolded the plot and characters.

I liked it, I understand why Gopher and a couple others loved it, but I'm not quite sold on it being brilliant.