A Marvel Fanboy

Thor 2 OS Over 400M Club

There were 800M+ WW club for PR, which missed by 400M+. 

There were Top 3 WW club for John Carter, which missed by 800M+. LOL

And there were 100M DOM club for Cloud Atlas, which missed by almost 300%.

Oblivion over WotW club, missed by 300M+

WHD over 600M club, missed by 400M+

It is countless ...

Just to name a few.
Edited by firedeep

It is countless ...

Just to name a few.

And also there is a thread for Thor: TDW over 680M OS! :lol: 

It is countless ...

Just to name a few.

I like how you want to raise the chances of this club succeeding, but by posting those stats you just show it's going to fail just like every other club that had insane numbers.

When I started the 1B WW club for IM3, I was called a loony and that IM3 had an upper limit. 4 months later it obliterated my club by 200M+ and all of a sudden IM3 was supposed to make 1B WW, absolute revisionist history.  :rolleyes:

Thor has plenty of advantages. Marvel brand is strong OS, scale and size will help tremendously, TA effect and more importantly it'll have holidays to help out with the legs OS. :D

• Like 2

When I started the 1B WW club for IM3, I was called a loony and that IM3 had an upper limit. 4 months later it obliterated my club by 200M+ and all of a sudden IM3 was supposed to make 1B WW, absolute revisionist history.  :rolleyes:

Thor has plenty of advantages. Marvel brand is strong OS, scale and size will help tremendously, TA effect and more importantly it'll have holidays to help out with the legs OS. :D

I was always predicting 1 billion for IM3 so not everyone is like that. Thor 2 I don't think is another Iron Man. 

I have Thor2 at around $650 M OS so it could be very close.  Right now i am out.  But i am convinced it would do gangbusters abroad and more than the majoriy in here think of.

Edited by Ent

Its nothing to do with Marvel, we all know that IM is the most popular and most beloved Avenger in the roster(So everyone knew IM3's gonna pass billion dollar mark), while Thor (lets talk honestly) is the least favorite superhero in TA. So this movie will make more money in OS than MOS, but anything over 500 won't happen for sure!

Before Avengers and, as you say, being the least favorite SH in MCU, Thor was in the same league than Iron Man OS: IM1 (266), IM2 (311), Thor (268). Iron Man was way better known in US, but not so much in the rest of the world. I do not doubt that RDJ is, by far, the biggest reason of MCU success, but we must have into account that even with RDJ's charisma, IM2 was just able to increase 45 million OS. It has been after Avengers when IM has exploded, not before. We do not know what can happen with other characters. IM3 increased a 160% over IM2 and I am saying a 100% increase for Thor. 60% gap is a lot considering 3D and RDJ. And I would not underestimate Loki's factor. 500 are reachable (not lock) for sure.

Have you considered Thor 2 OS competition?I see Thor 2 grossing about 750M - 800M WW. It should gross more than MoS internationally being a sequel and all.DOM: 275MOS: 500M775M WW.I'm out.