Fake

Indian Box Office Thread | Jawan overtakes Pathaan, becomes highest grossing Indian movie of 2023

16 hours ago, Fake said:

Airlift opened decently but it has been holding fantastically...... WOM is pretty good!

Daily collections:

FRI: 12.35

SAT: 14.60

SUN: 17.35

MON: 10.40

TUE: 17.80

TOTAL: 72.50 crore nett = 98 crore gross = $14.4M

So it is looking at 85 crore first week. Second weekend will be around 20 crore.

140 crore should happen, while 150 crore is possible!

WEDNESDAY=6 Cr, TOTAL=78.50 Cr

On 1/28/2016 at 10:42 PM, Fake said:

SHIT! Why did you have to ruin my day?

The trailer is here and it rips off at least 5 other movies

Best youtube comment:  In the year of "Superman v/s Batman, Deadpool , Civil War, X-Men Apocalypse, Revenant" comes an epic "Teraa Surroor" with a epic dialogue " Chal Pagal Pagal Khelte Hain"

8 hours ago, grim22 said:

Best youtube comment:  In the year of "Superman v/s Batman, Deadpool , Civil War, X-Men Apocalypse, Revenant" comes an epic "Teraa Surroor" with a epic dialogue " Chal Pagal Pagal Khelte Hain"

I am not seeing it. I like my sanity.

Airlift did pretty well in its 2nd weekend, grossing nearly 20 crore.

Daily collections:

WED: 6.00

THU: 5.00

FRI: 4.50

SAT: 6.50

SUN: 8.25

Total: 102.75 Cr

Edited by Fake

3 minutes ago, Fake said:

Airlift did pretty well in its 2nd weekend, grossing nearly 20 crore.

Daily collections:

WED: 6.00

THU: 5.00

FRI: 4.50

SA: 6.50

SUN: 8.25

Total: 102.75 Cr

I kind of guessed Airlift would do well just from the moment in the teaser where they raise the Indian flag. It looked like they captured the nationalism without resorting to jingoism. Didn't expect this good a performance though. Competition downright sucking also helped.

Will be interesting to see if Ghayal Returns can open well this weekend. It looks decent enough but I fear that Sunny Deol's time in pop-culture may have passed.

Need your comments!

12 minutes ago, Ash Skywalker said:

Need your comments!

Expected, BvS was never going to release in a number of single screen theaters anyway, it was always going to be a multiplex release mainly. I don't think Rocky Handsome will do well though, John Abraham is not an actor the audience rushes out to see and the promo was not great. The soundtrack is not shaping up to be a chartbuster either, expecting a low initial from it.

If they can get around 2000 screens for BvS, it would be higher than the Avengers movies, on par Jurassic World but below Furious 7.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Expected, BvS was never going to release in a number of single screen theaters anyway, it was always going to be a multiplex release mainly. I don't think Rocky Handsome will do well though, John Abraham is not an actor the audience rushes out to see and the promo was not great. The soundtrack is not shaping up to be a chartbuster either, expecting a low initial from it.

How many screens do you think BvS would get? Though Rocky is not a serious Contender it will open in the same range as BvS maybe less maybe more depends on Marketing. BvS and Rocky both may open with 30-35 Cr

Just now, Ash Skywalker said:

How many screens do you think BvS would get? Though Rocky is not a serious Contender it will open in the same range as BvS maybe less maybe more depends on Marketing. BvS and Rocky both may open with 30-35 Cr

John Abraham's biggest OW is Welcome Back with 51Cr, but that was sold on the brand name and the other stars as well (and was a comedy). His second biggest OW is Force with 16Cr. I don't see Rocky doubling his second best OW, I would say maybe 20Cr at best.

10 minutes ago, grim22 said:

John Abraham's biggest OW is Welcome Back with 51Cr, but that was sold on the brand name and the other stars as well (and was a comedy). His second biggest OW is Force with 16Cr. I don't see Rocky doubling his second best OW, I would say maybe 20Cr at best.

I have seen the OW and totals of his films. 20 is low maybe high 20's anyway let's see. 
Talking about screens for Bvs, Furious Opened in 2,000+ Screens, TDKR in 700+ &  Man of steel in 800 BvS has a chance at 1500 easily
How much do you think for the OW?

Edited by Ash Skywalker

3 hours ago, Ash Skywalker said:

I have seen the OW and totals of his films. 20 is low maybe high 20's anyway let's see. 
Talking about screens for Bvs, Furious Opened in 2,000+ Screens, TDKR in 700+ &  Man of steel in 800 BvS has a chance at 1500 easily
How much do you think for the OW?

Furious 7 - 2800+ screens

Jurassic World - 2100+ screens

Avengers 2 - 1500+ screens

BvS should have a similar release as Avengers 2 as A2 was also released in 2K only.

Avengers 2 opened with 50 crore (gross) and finished with 110 crore (gross).

I think BvS will open a bit lower...... (40-42 crore) but will have better legs and cross 100 crore.

Edited by Fake
  • Like 1

On 1/29/2016 at 1:24 PM, grim22 said:

These films are just laundering fronts right?  This isn't serious, Himesh has had like no successful films.

2 minutes ago, spizzer said:

These films are just laundering fronts right?  This isn't serious, Himesh has had like no successful films.

Technically, I think Khiladi 786 was a hit and was produced by Himesh and he was the main hero (the trailers showed Akshay Kumar but the movie was Himesh's story). But yeah, this has to be a "Producers" like scam for sure.

Another great comment

his future movies

Uska suroor

Sabka suroor

Phir wohi suroor

Suroor mein guroor

Saccha Pyar bahut duur

Tanhayee mein huzoor

Teri Roti manzoor

Karzzz chukaunga zaroor

Jai Mata Di ka Nuur

Xpose Shashi tharoor