Fake

Indian Box Office Thread | Jawan overtakes Pathaan, becomes highest grossing Indian movie of 2023

4 hours ago, jb007 said:
3 hours ago, jb007 said:

I have been a box office fan since the 70s. I followed up with the box office of Kannada, Hindi and Hollywood movies from the mid 70s to late 80s. Then I moved to the US and continued to follow box office and primarily hollywood movies only. I moved back to India after 20 years in the US. 

I have had long term association with the Kannada movie Industry. Have produced two Kannada movies with my brothers and friends. The first one Andar Bahar (2013) was a failure and sold the second one, Bahaddur (2014) halfway thru' production and that turned out to be a blockbuster, though we did not benefit financially from its success.

Wowzers! That sounds like a fun journey except selling off the movie that became blockbuster. That's real bad luck. 

So are you still producing movies? 

I feel so our of place. Didn't know Hollywood films released in the 70s and 80s in India. I thought it was 1991 reforms that made it easier for Hollywood to release more and more films in India due to entry of multiplexes and fairly decent theatres.

I remember my first Star Wars experience was Return of the Jedi in Mayfair theatre in Lucknow, U.P. This was I believe in 1996 or 1997 when they re-released all 3 films.

My first hollywood movie in theatre was Dragonheart in Novelty cinema, Lucknow.

Getting nostalgic..

Edited by marveldcfox

To me it appears that both new openers had disappointing opening.

A few days ago i said SW wont do much, but I get the feeling that the last 2 weeks of insane Star Wars global marketing, hype, positivity & buzz has carried over to India and people are saving their money for that. I know I am.

Don't be surprised if it breaks some records next weekend. Business in South India will be HUGE.

BOI saying 21-22 for Dilwale and 11.5-12 for BM.  Combined 36 crore high end on a non-holiday, pretty massive.  That's $7.4M gross I believe.

So Dilwale:

72 cr OW

BM

38 cr OW

That'd be crazy, 110 combined and possibly >40 on Sunday going into the Christmas period.  

11 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

To me it appears that both new openers had disappointing opening.

A few days ago i said SW wont do much, but I get the feeling that the last 2 weeks of insane Star Wars global marketing, hype, positivity & buzz has carried over to India and people are saving their money for that. I know I am.

Don't be surprised if it breaks some records next weekend. Business in South India will be HUGE.

Not sure what you were expecting if a combined 110Cr+ on a non holiday weekend is disappointing to you. Dilwale would have likely done close to 100Cr if it was a solo release, Bajirao hurt it close to 10Cr on OD. BM doing better than expected as well. 

All South states see big movies starring big stars releasing next week. Will compete directly with Star Wars as well.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, spizzer said:

DHD reporting $575K for Dilwale and $410K for Bajirao in the US.  3.1M combined projection for the weekend.  

BOM saying 595 and 460.  Both made top 10 on Friday.  Dilwale definitely had limited Thursday night previews but no report for those anywhere.

If they both roughly follow PK from last year:

Dilwale:

863K (+45%)

690K (-20%)

2.15M OW

BM:

667K (+45%)

534K (-20%)

1.67M OW

Not sure Dilwale can jump that high given the previews, but pretty solid nonetheless.  I think combined they'll top PK's OW.

• Like 1