Fake

Indian Box Office Thread | Jawan overtakes Pathaan, becomes highest grossing Indian movie of 2023

4 hours ago, darthdevidem01 said:

Good figure for Dilwale!

saw it today and found it to be poor overall however shahrukh and kajol still have the "it" factor. So for srk kajol fans it's a must see!

Yup, SRK and Kajol still have amazing chemistry. The movie needed better editing, the entire comedy track felt like an add on. The scene transitions were awful. It is definitely worth a watch but could have been so much better.

• Like 2

Even at the age of 50 his(srk) screen presence is outstanding. SRK-KAJOL scenes were very good. At first comedy scenes connected with the story after that it wan't there. Varun and kriti did a good job too. Overall only watchable for Srk-kajol. Very disappointing with the selection of srk's scripts. While salman is having hit after hit srk's movies are  reducing to show strength in BO due to these lack of string story,screenplay issues. I'm sure Raees will bring back some stunning performance with a solid story. Fan also looks good. But i seriously wish that RAEES should come first rather than Fan. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ash Skywalker said:

Even at the age of 50 his(srk) screen presence is outstanding. SRK-KAJOL scenes were very good. At first comedy scenes connected with the story after that it wan't there. Varun and kriti did a good job too. Overall only watchable for Srk-kajol. Very disappointing with the selection of srk's scripts. While salman is having hit after hit srk's movies are  reducing to show strength in BO due to these lack of string story,screenplay issues. I'm sure Raees will bring back some stunning performance with a solid story. Fan also looks good. But i seriously wish that RAEES should come first rather than Fan. 

I'm actually way more interested in Fan currently, looks like a complete departure from the norm for both SRK and YRF. Raees will definitely be a different anti-hero kind of movie as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

I'm actually way more interested in Fan currently, looks like a complete departure from the norm for both SRK and YRF. Raees will definitely be a different anti-hero kind of movie as well.

I'm sure would reply yo this. Hope everything's going fine in marriage.
I'm Looking forward for both eagerly i just wish Fan would release in later period while Raees coming in EID. In fan he completely looks different(although it's CGI) has a very strong potential in acting and story content. Raees will be different in many kinds comparing to his typical masala movies we've seen recently. 

7 minutes ago, Ash Skywalker said:

I'm sure would reply yo this. Hope everything's going fine in marriage.
I'm Looking forward for both eagerly i just wish Fan would release in later period while Raees coming in EID. In fan he completely looks different(although it's CGI) has a very strong potential in acting and story content. Raees will be different in many kinds comparing to his typical masala movies we've seen recently. 

Wedding prep is ridiculously exhausting. Out all day inviting people and taking care of logistics. Me and the wife are in charge of entertainment and food :)

Finally almost done with things, sister is excited for Thursday and Friday which are the wedding days. The whole family went to watch Dilwale yesterday, almost 15 people.

• Like 1

Just now, grim22 said:

Wedding prep is ridiculously exhausting. Out all day inviting people and taking care of logistics. Me and the wife are in charge of entertainment and food :)

Finally almost done with things, sister is excited for Thursday and Friday which are the wedding days. The whole family went to watch Dilwale yesterday, almost 15 people.

Done with things huh. Atleast can relax a bit thinking some work is done. Thursday and Friday it is. Seeing a Movie with a family is completely different,glad you ppl have seen it :)

2 hours ago, grim22 said:

It didn't have enough screens to. Would have likely made around 90Cr OW without the clash, Bajirao also suffered because of the clash, but no competition till Ghayal should help legs.

Lol for real, Ghayal?  Is it a remake?  That's one of my cousins favorite films.

I've seen almost a hundred movies at the cinema this year, and I've been a regular movie goer since the age of 4 in 1997, but I never walked out of a movie.... Until Dilwale. Couldn't stand more than an hour of this garbage. Apparently I'm not the only one because plenty of people I know said Dilwale was crap and Bajirao was a lot better. Wish I went to see that instead - at least it's honest about being ONLY a love story and doesn't try to be something more than what it really is.

So apparently the dude's a "car guy" with passion for cars yet we're supposed to suspend our disbelief and go with the flow when they show us a 2015 BMW i8 and 2015 Porsche Macan "15 years ago", and an entry level 520i that magically sounds like an E60 ///M5 V10. Wannabe Fast & Furious mixed with DDLJ mixed with unfunny comedy and this is what you get.

0/5 

Edited by Scoobysaurus
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, spizzer said:

BOM saying 595 and 460.  Both made top 10 on Friday.  Dilwale definitely had limited Thursday night previews but no report for those anywhere.

If they both roughly follow PK from last year:

Dilwale:

863K (+45%)

690K (-20%)

2.15M OW

BM:

667K (+45%)

534K (-20%)

1.67M OW

Not sure Dilwale can jump that high given the previews, but pretty solid nonetheless.  I think combined they'll top PK's OW.

DHD projecting 1.9 and 1.8.  Great weekend for Bajirao.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, spizzer said:

DHD projecting 1.9 and 1.8.  Great weekend for Bajirao.

Official estimates

9 N Dilwale UTV $1,875,000 - 268 - $6,996 $1,875,000 - 1
10 N Bajirao Mastani Eros $1,660,000 - 304 - $5,461 $1,660,000 - 1

Bajirao got a wider release than Dilwale. Disney was probably occupied this weekend with other things.

• Like 2