Fake

Indian Box Office Thread | Jawan overtakes Pathaan, becomes highest grossing Indian movie of 2023

So glad Dilwale disappointed. The movie was crap. Only Varun Sharma (not dhawan) who plays dhawan's best bud is the highlight of the film. And that emotional bit with srk+varun was decent.

Srk+kajol jodi was the worst display of the jodi put on celluloid.

It is arguably one of Rohit's weakest films to date.

Srk has been doing these type of films for far too long. So glad we are getting Fan and Raees next year.

Will do MAX 150 crores in India. 

5 hours ago, Lordmandeep said:

When is Bahubali Part 2 coming out.

Part 1 was pretty epic, war scenes were well done. 

Filming has started. While filming 1st part, 40% of Baahubali 2 scenes were shot. The actual release date is Dec 2016 but now it's postponed to 2017(no reason is mentioned)
I'll keep you Updated :) 

6 minutes ago, Ash Skywalker said:

okay. Good luck

No need of luck. It has already done much better than most thought including me. Going up against a highly commercial family friendly movie starring THE jodi with young dashing actors of today and Rohit shetty directing, one would have thought it would steamroll BM and easily do 230+ crores. But it will have a hard time even doing 150 crores. Starwars will further kill its chances of developing legs as wom is extremely mixed.

India Box Office Preview: 'Star Wars' to Take on Bollywood Competition

The Force Awakens will get a major rollout in India, with the Walt Disney Company India releasing the film in English along with dubbed versions in Hindi, Tamil and Telugu on more than 1,000 screens.

Despite the strong competition, KPMG India entertainment analyst Jehil Thakkar tells THR that Star Wars “can still do well” and could cross the local box-office milestone of 1 billion rupees (about $16 million) over its entire theatrical run. “The Force Awakens has the potential of longevity as its a must-see movie,” he says

This year, two Hollywood films, Furious 7 and Jurassic World, both from Universal, became only the second and third U.S. releases ever to cross the 1 billion-rupee mark in the country after Avatar did so in 2010.

The Force Awakens will see its Indian premiere on Dec. 23 in Mumbai, which is expected to be attended by top Bollywood stars and personalities “where we are planning some very fun and engaging activities on the red carpet,” says Kapur. "We are also planning to have a Stormtrooper march at one of the largest malls in the city"

• Like 1

so sad I didn't get to see bajiaro in my weekend in london! They won't shownit in plymouth!!! (Although they did show prem ratan there for a few weeks).

after dilwale's relative disappointment and star wars not being the most amazing movie ever (imo anyway...my expectations for it were way too high haha..it's still very good)  I really needed an epic SLB film as a cure for the disappointments!

glad to see bajirao is succeeding in india despite the competition! I am hearing only good things about it! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, darthdevidem01 said:

How is this number compared to ROTS? Or do we not have that data? Must be much higher haha

ROTS did UNDER 1 million TOTAL gross.

This will smash that easily. Much different market now what with 3d, higher ticket prices, bigger hype and buzz etc.

Still lower than the big superhero films and F&F movies, but it's setting a platform & fan base in India for future movies.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

Solid for Star Wars. Should do around 2.4-2.8 million this weekend..depends on whether it can capitalise on the goom wom and buzz.

Saturday stayed flat from Friday which is good considering movies normally drop from Christmas Day.

Previews: $0.2

Friday: $0.7

Saturday: $0.7

Sunday should see a small jump..... so around $2.5m weekend. Though there is no major new releases for a few weeks, and it can leg its way to $10m.

On 12/25/2015 at 8:24 PM, catlover said:

Can Bajirao actually outgross Dilwale in the long run? Cause it's a much better movie, and it looks like it's holding better than Dilwale.

Surprisingly, that is looking quite likely now. It would be a big embarrasment for SRK to get beaten by a second-tier star.

Before the release, the average trade predictions were 200 Cr and 100 Cr respectively but now both will finish in 150 Cr range.....Bajirao probably 5-10 crore higher than Dilwale.