Fake

Indian Box Office Thread | Jawan overtakes Pathaan, becomes highest grossing Indian movie of 2023

Approximate daily nett figures in crores(grosses in USD in brackets) so far:Fri: 19.5 ($5.0m)Sat: 16.5 ($4.25m)Sun: 22.5 ($5.75m)Mon: 12.0 ($3.0m)Tue: 15.0 ($3.75m)Wed: 8.0 ($2.0m)Thurs: 6.5 ($1.7m)Week 1: 100 ($25.5m)Fri: 4.5 ($1.2m)Sat: 6.5 ($1.7m)Sun: 9.0 ($2.3m)Mon: 4.0 ($1.0m)Tue: 8.0 ($2.0m)Wed: 3.0 ($0.8m)Thurs: 2.5 ($0.6m)Week 2: 37 ($9.5m)So it stands at $35m after two weeks.

Dabangg has crossed the 200 crore gross mark this weekend (around 144 crore nett).It is only the 5th film to reach the mark.Movies that have crossed the mark:3 Idiots: 290 croreEk Tha Tiger: 260 croreDabangg 2 : 201 croreDabangg: 200 croreBodyguard: 200 croreSo 4 Salman Khan film in Top-5. ugh.

Dabangg has crossed the 200 crore gross mark this weekend (around 144 crore nett).It is only the 5th film to reach the mark.Movies that have crossed the mark:3 Idiots: 290 croreEk Tha Tiger: 260 croreDabangg 2 : 201 croreDabangg: 200 croreBodyguard: 200 croreSo 4 Salman Khan film in Top-5. ugh.

Salman Khan is having a good time at the BO right now. His presence at the single-screens is making all the difference, and most of the multiplex audience, which will mercilessly poke holes in a SRK or Aamir starrer, will give any plotholes or issues in his movies a pass because "Sallu bhai ki picture hai". He is basically having his "Rajesh Khanna from 1969-1974" run currently. Edited by grim22

So Dabangg 3 will happen. How was 2, I haven't seen it yet.

If you have seen Dabangg 1, there is absolutely no need to see Dabangg 2. It is basically the same movie remade, the same punchlines, the same fights and even similar sounding songs.

Thanks, I loved the first one so I'll check this one out too. :D

Thanks, I loved the first one so I'll check this one out too. :D

I liked Dabangg as well, but this was almost like "The Hangover" and "The Hangover 2". This was almost like a re-release of Dabangg rather than a logical story extension or taking the characters forward.

Excellent Saturday for Race 2. Business was up over 20% in most places. Saturday number should be around 17.5-18 crore!

If Sunday could stay flat, it might cross 50 crore for 3-day!

Going to watch "Race 2" today. Not expecting much apart from some slick action sequences and a whole load of (nonsensical) twists since they are Abbas-Mustan's trademark.