Fake

Indian Box Office Thread | Jawan overtakes Pathaan, becomes highest grossing Indian movie of 2023

Tuesday looking like 11.5 crores, which brings the 5 day total to 86.5 crores.  That's $23.6M.

First week now headed towards 105 crores, which would be just under $29M.  Insane

Make that 11.75 (Taran saying 12).  

Wednesday came in at about 11 crores.  That's 97-98 crores through 6 days (~150+ crores gross or $26.5M), and likely 107-108 for the 7 day week ($29.2M).

Mon-Thursday of ~46 crores after an OW of 62 (retention of 75%).  Bodes real well for legs (despite YPD2), which seem to be non-existent these days at the Bollywood BO.  

Wednesday came in at about 11 crores.  That's 97-98 crores through 6 days (~150+ crores gross or $26.5M), and likely 107-108 for the 7 day week ($29.2M).

Mon-Thursday of ~46 crores after an OW of 62 (retention of 75%).  Bodes real well for legs (despite YPD2), which seem to be non-existent these days at the Bollywood BO.  

Well, Aashiqui 2 earned a bulk of its money post opening weekend based on word of mouth, I guess audiences have become more discerning and will only watch a movie on recommendations.

Okay seriously, this movie is having one of the most mind boggling runs that i can remember. It was never supposed to be this big! the movie is fine i guess but its no '3 idiots' when it comes to quality. I guess the drought for major releases became too much for the public and they drank this up.

Edited by Fakhir

Okay seriously, this movie is having one of the most mind boggling runs that i can remember. It was never supposed to be this big! the movie is fine i guess but its no '3 idiots' when it comes to quality. I guess the drought for major releases became too much for the public and they drank this up.

That is the only explanation which makes sense. Drought of releases, end of IPL and this being a true family friendly movie all added up. 

I just hope box office grosses for India grows a lot. Massive box office numbers are for a country with a massive 500 million population.

1.2B but your main is still valid. With expansion of metroplexes, I expect 50M+ for Hollywood movies in about 10-15 years.  

Edited by druv10

"Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani" becomes the second biggest movie of all time.

Krissh 3 (strangest title ever since there was never a Krissh 2) has its teaser video out. Looks like a Chris Nolan movie teaser to be honest, it will still be huge when it releases.

HUGE weekend coming up. "Chennai Express" is going to open really big, Advance bookings are in full swing and sold out at a lot of centers

Posted Image

http://www.koimoi.com/box-office/box-office-report-advance-bookings-of-chennai-express-in-full-swing/

The advance booking for Chennai Express started in the weekend and as expected the film opened to an overwhelming response from the onstart. The film that is going to be the year’s most awaited has been receiving overwhelming response and is managing to live up to the hype that it has created. Being an Eid release that has been holding on magnanimously in the last few years due to the charisma of Salman Khan, this one is Shah Rukh Khan’s tryst with facing the Eid crowd which is slotted for Salman mostly.

Going by the advance booking, the film in the Western zone especially Gujarat area, most multiplexes sold tickets rampantly over the weekend and by Monday, the film’s preview shows are going to be full.

In the U.P circuit, the film’s advance bookings began well with almost 45% tickets of its first day shows been already sold off. In key areas like Lucknow and Allahabad, the multiplexes have already witnessed the frenzy of people to watch the film.

In South Zone, the film sold 20% of its tickets already and in the single screens alone, analysts are expecting the shows to run house full for its 1st three days.

Coming to the urban centers, the flick will work simply for the charm of SRK. In Delhi, Mumbai and Bangalore, in the advance bookings the film has already sold off 30% of tickets. Multiple shows across these cities have been partly booked already and the single screens too are filling fast.

Being a holiday film, the advance bookings are just cashing in on the festive mood of people. Chennai Express by the simple craze people have for both Rohit Shetty and SRK is already expected to see the year’s biggest release!

Edited by grim22

Chennai Express will probably break Opening Day and Opening Weekend records. Krrish 3 may break the OD record after that but Krrish 3 is a Monday release due to Diwali, so it won't get the OW record. Dhoom 3 will in turn probably break Krrish's OD record, but it too releases on a Tuesday/Wednesday (Christmas), so it won't break the OW record either.

The interesting race will be to see which movies hit 100 Cr. fastest.

Chennai Express will probably break Opening Day and Opening Weekend records. Krrish 3 may break the OD record after that but Krrish 3 is a Monday release due to Diwali, so it won't get the OW record. Dhoom 3 will in turn probably break Krrish's OD record, but it too releases on a Tuesday/Wednesday (Christmas), so it won't break the OW record either.

The interesting race will be to see which movies hit 100 Cr. fastest.

So will D3 pass 3 Idiots?

So will D3 pass 3 Idiots?

3 idiots was an absolute monster that got housewives and working women to watch it as well. Unless D3 can get that audience, there is no chance of passing 3 Idiots. YJHD was the closest so far, again due to women going out to watch it - it will take another family entertainer to break 3 Idiots' record.

3 idiots was an absolute monster that got housewives and working women to watch it as well. Unless D3 can get that audience, there is no chance of passing 3 Idiots. YJHD was the closest so far, again due to women going out to watch it - it will take another family entertainer to break 3 Idiots' record.

How far YJHD go? And who will win the Krrish 3 vs Dhoom 3 battle?

How far YJHD go? And who will win the Krrish 3 vs Dhoom 3 battle?

YJHD did 190 Cr+ in India and over 11 million dollars overseas. Basically more than any other movie apart from 3 Idiots.

Krrish 3 vs. Dhoom 3 is too close to call. Both have different things going for them:

- Krrish 3 is Hrithik Roshan's first starring role in almost 2 years and a sequel to his most successful film (I was part of a team which developed a case study based on Krrish, looking back the case study could have been much better).

- Dhoom 3 is a long long awaited sequel and is Aamir Khan playing a bad guy for the first time ever, a bumper opening is assured and with Christmas-New Year holidays it will hold well.

I would say Krrish 3 opens much bigger but finishes lower than Dhoom 3.