Fake

Indian Box Office Thread | Jawan overtakes Pathaan, becomes highest grossing Indian movie of 2023

E3r20LTVUAM_dnh?format=png&name=small
This is a really sad image. Even sadder will be the one with box office admissions, as gross are being helped by fact that inflation in India has been 5x over 17 years in ₹ and around 3.2x in $, while China inflation in  ¥ is around 1.75x, in $ being 2x.

• Like 1

Was randomly watching the Kuch Kuch Hota Hai 20th anniversary celebration thing from a couple of years ago and started wondering what will be the touchstone for the current generation and the 2010s kids. There's no all encompassing hits like a HAHK, DDLJ, KKHH or even the early 2000s movies like Kaho Na Pyar Hai and even the later half of the 2000s with Om Shanti Om, Ghajini and Dabangg coming close to each other and stuff. The last half a decade or so has been awful for Hindi movies in general. 

Ranbir's biggest touchstone of Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani was 8 years ago now, Ranveer hasn't had that iconic movie yet. What in the past decade from Bollywood would even qualify for a 20 year retrospective?

8 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

The Suicide Squad will be first major release at Indian box office since GvK. The pre-sales are low for now. Absence of MH and TN means box office numbers will be anyways low. Hopefully cinemas will get decent walk-ins for weekend.

any idea about when bw and f9 may release in india ?

@charlie Jatinderdo you know where I can find Indian movies that show ridiculous action sequences and plots, even if it's bad? Years earlier I saw a gif from a Indian movies that was really crazy and impressed me. After recent Hollywood blockbusters, I have great interests in watching these Indian action titles.

17 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Suggesting some good action/thrillers

Vikram Vedha

Wanted (Salman Khan)

Singham

Commando (action is good, film was average)

Baaghi series (ridiculous films if you really want that)

damn, Baaghi is what I saw from the gif. 

On 8/23/2021 at 11:00 PM, charlie Jatinder said:

Can suggest ton of bad ridiculous films from South, but that will leave bad taste for Indian movies for you. 

I don't worry about it because I've seen many good and bad Indian movies. I just finished watching Baaghi 2. It make me feel too long with many useless plots though only 2 hours. They should've offer more action sequences.

33 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

I don't worry about it because I've seen many good and bad Indian movies. I just finished watching Baaghi 2. It make me feel too long with many useless plots though only 2 hours. They should've offer more action sequences.

Watch Commando. The action was praised in 2013 donno if it will aged well. The film was mediocre.

• Like 1