Fake

Indian Box Office Thread | Jawan overtakes Pathaan, becomes highest grossing Indian movie of 2023

On 8/30/2021 at 8:00 PM, charlie Jatinder said:

Shang Chi PVR numbers in some cities as of 19:00

Chennai - 1700+ (8)
Hyderabad - 879 (6)
Delhi-NCR - 480 (15)

Bengaluru - 274 (7)

Kolkata - 203 (1)

Ahmedabad - 42 (1)

Chandigarh - 59 (1)

Total - 3600+ (39)

All India probably around 5K. Great start especially in South India. In normalcy such advance would guarantee ₹10cr plus opening but now probably ₹5cr won't be too much to ask for. 

Spider-man No Way Home PVR

Chennai - 8K tixs in what 1 hour?

• Haha 1

FInally got my ticket for the first day 1 pm. Most expensive ticket I've ever bought and its not even a premier screen or anything. I wanted IMAX 2D but tickets for that was not open so got IMAX 3d. I think ticket prices have been bumped up for this. 

Also the cinema I booked ticket has bumped their prices for the first show 2 times in 1 hour since booking opened :P

Overall not at the level of Endgame but better than any other foreign movie

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Many plexes started with weekdays price I think, then only adjusted for weekend.

Nah this one started at weekend prices to begin with. The 10:00 am show was first at 550rs, it was then bumped to 670 and then to 770 now. For this cinema 550 is slightly on a higher side for weekend morning, although for a new movie 550 for weekend morning seems usual for this theatre. But Thursday morning 10:00 at 770 is crazy

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Nah this one started at weekend prices to begin with. The 10:00 am show was first at 550rs, it was then bumped to 670 and then to 770 now. For this cinema 550 is slightly on a higher side for weekend morning, although for a new movie 550 for weekend morning seems usual for this theatre. But Thursday morning 10:00 at 770 is crazy

Mumbai seems to have highest hike in general post CoVID. 50% capacity is probably the rationale.

34 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Mumbai seems to have highest hike in general post CoVID. 50% capacity is probably the rationale.

Yeah prices have gone up, I paid above normal Dune/Eternals/SC even though it was a non imax screen. But they have bumped them even more for this movie specifically. BTW the back recliner seats for IMAX screen for spidey are at freaking 1550rs even for morning weekday show at PVR Lower Parel!!! That's insane!

Also do you think the lower occupancy will reduce overall gross seeing that many states (esp Maharashtra) are at 50% occupancy limit?

7 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Yeah prices have gone up, I paid above normal Dune/Eternals/SC even though it was a non imax screen. But they have bumped them even more for this movie specifically. BTW the back recliner seats for IMAX screen for spidey are at freaking 1550rs even for morning weekday show at PVR Lower Parel!!! That's insane!

Also do you think the lower occupancy will reduce overall gross seeing that many states (esp Maharashtra) are at 50% occupancy limit?

There is almost no competition, so it will have abundant shows. May be slight difference.

45 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

50K seats in biggest chain in 3 hours. Overall probably ~125K in 3 hours.

Some south cinemas opened advance few days back, they are around 75K easily.

24 hours sales probably 600-700K. Endgame has the record at 1.4M+

If NWH can get to $30M, that would be a great number (double FFH).

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Slow in my city, not at level of Infinity war, leave Endgame.

Me and @charlie Jatinder were scrambling for tickets yesterday thinking we'll be late, now I'm just hoping that theater gets full by Thursday lol.

Half of people, I know won't get tickets. Prices too high and 3D sucks with everything becomin darker than it should be. BMS wants people to buy 3D first, they aren't even showing any 2D shows in my city. 400-600/ticket is a lot. 

I remember I had option of buying 2D tickets the moment they had went live all over India.

Edited by anti-Pedantic