rukaio101

The Anime Thread- Summer 2015

So just about finished the Fall season and here are the new shows worth watching.

1. Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans.

2. One Punch Man

3. Chivalry of a Failed Knight

4. The Perfect Insider

Shout out to Ushio and Tora, which started airing previous season, its second half has been great and I can now recommend it fully.

Also have to mention the sequels of Noragami and Haikyuu have been fantastic. If you have not seen this shows they really are amoungst the best of their genre (supernatural and sports respectively).

There is one notable show I have not seen this season which is Owarimonogatari. I hear its great addition to the Monogatari series.

So with the year over what were the best of the best. Here is ten shows anime lovers should check out they are mix of the most popular and highest rated non sequels, I tried to grab some from all genres. Top four are the elite of the year.

Death Parade

Food Wars

One Punch Man

Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans

Assassination Classroom

Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers

Gate: Thus the JSDF Fought There!

Sound! Euphonium

Snow White with the Red Hair

Arslan Senki

Edited by eXtacy

On 12/20/2015 at 2:58 AM, eXtacy said:

So just about finished the Fall season and here are the new shows worth watching.

1. Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans.

2. One Punch Man

3. Chivalry of a Failed Knight

4. The Perfect Insider

Shout out to Ushio and Tora, which started airing previous season, its second half has been great and I can now recommend it fully.

Also have to mention the sequels of Noragami and Haikyuu have been fantastic. If you have not seen this shows they really are amoungst the best of their genre (supernatural and sports respectively).

There is one notable show I have not seen this season which is Owarimonogatari. I hear its great addition to the Monogatari series.

So with the year over what were the best of the best. Here is ten shows anime lovers should check out they are mix of the most popular and highest rated non sequels, I tried to grab some from all genres. Top four are the elite of the year.

Death Parade

Food Wars

One Punch Man

Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans

Assassination Classroom

Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers

Gate: Thus the JSDF Fought There!

Sound! Euphonium

Snow White with the Red Hair

Arslan Senki

Arslan Senki was amazing along with Snow White with the Red Hair and Food Wars!  I still can't like Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers; it's story structure, cliche narrative (which is ironic considering I love Arslan Senki and Food Wars), and overall ambiance had me uncomfortable like watching my favorite character die in Game of Thrones.  I'm really looking forward to Hai to Gensou no Grimgal! 

1 hour ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Just watched the entirety of Elfen Lied in one sitting. That was a fucking good show! 

Elfen Lied is the weird side of anime. It would be in the top 10 fucked up anime. I don't think I would call it good - maybe a six out of 10. Though since you liked it so much I may suggest Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (When They Cry) - its extremely fucked up. If you want good horror then check out Another - its genuinely creepy.

4 hours ago, eXtacy said:

Elfen Lied is the weird side of anime. It would be in the top 10 fucked up anime. I don't think I would call it good - maybe a six out of 10. Though since you liked it so much I may suggest Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (When They Cry) - its extremely fucked up. If you want good horror then check out Another - its genuinely creepy.

6 hours ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Just watched the entirety of Elfen Lied in one sitting. That was a fucking good show! 

Elfen Lied was creepy to me when I watched it, the cold sweat and stomachy feeling kept me going and matharon'd it.

Sorry I'm a touch late with the upcoming Winter 2015 anime, but here we go.

https://www.livechart.me/winter-2016/tv

At the moment, the only ones that really jump out at me (not including 2nd seasons) are Ajin and Boku Dake ga Inai Machi. We'll see how the rest go though.

On 4/1/2016 at 1:40 AM, rukaio101 said:

Sorry I'm a touch late with the upcoming Winter 2015 anime, but here we go.

https://www.livechart.me/winter-2016/tv

At the moment, the only ones that really jump out at me (not including 2nd seasons) are Ajin and Boku Dake ga Inai Machi. We'll see how the rest go though.

I think a lot of shows have potential this season. The ones you mentioned I am sure will be good. I am also looking forward to Dimension W, Grimgar of Fantasy, Phantom World and Divine Gate. Very interested to see how Reikenzan will turn out - its original source is a highly rated Chinese book that got adapted into a very successful Korean Manga

I forgot we had an anime station on this page. :lol:

I spoiler tagged it as I'm not sure if this is where you talk about anime in detail.....

I for one loved Elfen Lied (It's not perfect, definitely has a lot of faults but it's a guilty pleasure for me), something about it just struck me and I loved the story and characters, the ending was a bit not how I expected and somewhat a big let down.

Other stuff I've watched just recently are:

Another (This took awhile to get going, was getting bored a bit. However once the killings start I was hooked, and boy are there some gory deaths).

Corpse Party (This is just pretty much a gore fest, hence the title, though the ending to one of them had a decent twist I didn't see coming).

Shiki (This I actually liked and was hooked pretty quickly too, but it had another ending I didn't really like though unlike Elfen Lied I didn't hate it or anything, just thought it'd be more).

High School of the Dead (This had such a good idea/premise, the gore was awesome but my god I've never seen a show with so much fan service in my life. I get it. I get the audience that will be watching this and that they want to attract said audience, but jeez do they have to show bouncing boobs every two seconds? It really took me out of the show quickly, and I only finished it because it was a short 12 episode show)

Attack of Titan (I LOVE this show!!!! I was hooked right from episode 1 and was immediately intrigued. The gore and fight scenes are brutal but amazingly done, the characters I like (other than the annoying blonde boy who just sits and whines all day, I mean seriously a Titan just needs to eat him. I like the twist about Eren and Annie, really want to know more about her. Is there a second season coming out???)

Death Note (This probably had the most, and I repeat the most addictive appeal to me in a long time, probably most ever. I literally couldn't leave my seat, and I just had to keep watching episode after episode to find out what happens next. However, what a huge fucking letdown after L. M and N are so pathetic in comparison. You can easily tell the show completely ran out of steam and just hurried the fuck out of it, because it made no fucking sense to have a badass L take 25 episodes until he meets his end, only to have there be only 8 or so episodes left and then boom! These noobs just get the better of L so fast, Um.......no. Like,  no. This show had so much potential to really be up there, but boy this show just plummetted after L. Other than that, my only negative would be that it was highly unrealistic of Light to come up with that huge elaborate plan of losing his memory but knowing that everyone was going to just 'work out' the way he knew it was going too without having a memory of anything.......like that just makes no sense. Once the book as known to the public, I kind of lost interest in the show at that point but not enough to stop watching it.).

Dead Man Wonderland (I've heard a lot of people that liked this show, saying it was awesome. Honestly, I can see what they mean. The show has a cool story and premise, some episodes were just like, "wtf?!" but in a good way that just makes your skin crawl. However, (it seems like I just have a bad thing with endings) the ending just seems so unfinished to me. I get what they were doing, they wanted an open ending, but it was just left TOO open, where they didn't even at least close the biggest hangers, like did they end up escaping? Does he ever know who the Red man really was? What about the collars on their necks? If they ran away wouldn't they activate and kill them? Just felt like again, another anime that just rushed a whole pile of 15 episode worth of shit into 2 episodes.)

Tokyo Ghoul (I LOVE this anime!!!! I just finished this anime today and I loved it throughout from beginning to end (yes! And ending I liked though I do wonder if Kaneki died there???). Awesome characters, great fights and gore, some really gruesome scenes. One of the most badass scene at the end of episode 12, 1000-7.......great fucking scene there. I had goosebumps.)

Karin (I don't only watch gory stuff, I like the silly comedies too :P This show was great if you want a good laugh at stupid stuff, some hilarious scenes but also some cute stuff as well, I enjoyed it).

Maid-sama (Downright HYSTERICAL!!! I loved this show!!! I wish they had continued this more :(  )

Clannad (both seasons) (sorry, but everyone seems to love this show and regards this as the saddest anime ever, but god I found this show so boring. The whole first season was such a bore. I literally didn't seem to connect with any of the characters, and some just were confusing. The romance I never felt between the two main characters (I forgot their names lol!), it just felt like out of nowhere, and not only that but second season it takes them like 8 episodes to finally hold each other's hands, however only takes them only 1 episode later to then BOOM get her pregnant.......I mean, we never even saw them kiss! (at least from what I remember), I was like, huh? Where the fuck did that come from? Meanwhile you have these flashbacks or whatever they are in some alternate place that is confusing as fuck.......and then when it does get sad, I'll admit I did feel bad, but I was never emotionally invested with the characters so I didn't really get all that sad. However, I don't get why they call it the saddest thing ever as in the end everything works out? How is it sad? :huh:  This show was just so over-rated to me.

I'm sure there are more that I've seen but I can't think of them, plus I don't want to rant all day :) 

On 06/01/2016 at 2:31 AM, K1stpierre said:

I forgot we had an anime station on this page. :lol:

I spoiler tagged it as I'm not sure if this is where you talk about anime in detail.....

Hidden Content

I'm sure there are more that I've seen but I can't think of them, plus I don't want to rant all day :) 

wow you sure like dark stories lol

Too bad you didn't like Clannad, I find it hilarious, mainly the first season. 

And I'm curious about Corpse Party, but I'm not sure if it's worth, I've always wanted to play the visual novel, but I'm afraid I'll get a lot of gratuitous violence. Although I'm sure the anime is less gory.

Edited by JohnnY

4 hours ago, JohnnY said:

And I'm curious about Corpse Party, but I'm not sure if it's worth, I've always wanted to play the visual novel, but I'm afraid I'll get a lot of gratuitous violence. Although I'm sure the anime is less gory.

Yeah I typically like the darker anime, those of gore, thriller, horror, varieties. :sweat:  I just find them more compelling.

Corpse Party the anime wasn't too gory, I mean there are some gore but to me it wasn't that bad but then again gore in general doesn't bother me so I guess my word isn't so great :lol:  Corpse Party the anime is worth a watch if you're bored and need time to kill.

Speaking of dark anime, just finished Future Diary and WOW. LOVED IT. I mean, it got kind of confusing at the end and gave my head a bit of a headache having to really think quite a bit and grasp what was happening, but I actually didn't mind any of it that much. The series was fucking awesome, gave me chills and some great laughs the whole time. Definitely will be in my top 5 probably.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, K1stpierre said:

Speaking of dark anime, just finished Future Diary and WOW. LOVED IT. I mean, it got kind of confusing at the end and gave my head a bit of a headache having to really think quite a bit and grasp what was happening, but I actually didn't mind any of it that much. The series was fucking awesome, gave me chills and some great laughs the whole time. Definitely will be in my top 5 probably.

Yeah it was one of my favorites back in the day. Its easy to recommend since it has a great dub as well. Since you like edgy anime may I recommend Shinsekai Yori (From the New World). Its a dark fantasy with an epic story. Also I just finished Hellsing Ultimate - its gory as fuck with some amazing animation, probably up your ally.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, eXtacy said:

Yeah it was one of my favorites back in the day. Its easy to recommend since it has a great dub as well. Since you like edgy anime may I recommend Shinsekai Yori (From the New World). Its a dark fantasy with an epic story. Also I just finished Hellsing Ultimate - its gory as fuck with some amazing animation, probably up your ally.

Sweet! I'll def check that one out after I finished this one called btooom. A few sites recommended it as it's along similar lines as Future Diary. It's been awhile since I've seen a fantasy anime, so that'll be an extra bonus. :3 I just still can't get over the end of Future Diary. It just mind fucked my brain.

4 hours ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Started randomly watching Shirobako a few days back and am absolutely loving it. Great characters and it's fascinating to get an idea of how manic the production of an anime can be. 

What's it about? 

3 hours ago, K1stpierre said:

Sweet! I'll def check that one out after I finished this one called btooom. A few sites recommended it as it's along similar lines as Future Diary. It's been awhile since I've seen a fantasy anime, so that'll be an extra bonus. :3 I just still can't get over the end of Future Diary. It just mind fucked my brain.

What's it about? 

With btoom be prepared for a really unsatisfying ending. 

Shirobako is about a production house making their first anime in a while and a group of high school friends making their starts in the industry alongside it. 

On 1/7/2016 at 11:45 PM, JohnnY said:

Yeah, me too. Quite Ironically, I started Clannad hoping to get a good & deeply emotional anime but it was the comedy that kept me on it for the first 10-12 episodes, I simply couldn't force myself to keep watching it for much longer though.

Its good to have GATE back! Also looking forward to the return of Snow White with the Red Hair. In a week I will do my normal first impressions of the season for you all but right now one must to check out - Boku dake ga Inai Machi or in its simple english title ERASED.

On 1/8/2016 at 0:08 PM, SchumacherFTW said:

With btoom be prepared for a really unsatisfying ending. 

Shirobako is about a production house making their first anime in a while and a group of high school friends making their starts in the industry alongside it. 

Yeah, I finished it last night and I get somewhat what you mean. I mean, are they going to do another season? If so, then I think it's fine to end it there. If not, then yeah the ending does suck ass.

On 1/9/2016 at 1:23 PM, Infernus said:

Yeah, me too. Quite Ironically, I started Clannad hoping to get a good & deeply emotional anime but it was the comedy that kept me on it for the first 10-12 episodes, I simply couldn't force myself to keep watching it for much longer though.

Yeah, I didn't really find it funny either I guess :/  

1 hour ago, K1stpierre said:

Yeah, I finished it last night and I get somewhat what you mean. I mean, are they going to do another season? If so, then I think it's fine to end it there. If not, then yeah the ending does suck ass. 

It's been a few years since Btoom ended and there's zero signs of a second season. It's a typical "to continue the story, read the manga" ending.