CJohn

Weekend Estimates: Riddick - 18.6M | The Butler - 8.9M | We're the Millers - 7.9M

Movie got what it deserved, looked crappy.

Guess that sequel ain't happening.

They greenlit the sequel before release, and apparently it's still happening despite the poor box office. 

How desperate could Sony and that German company be? 

Edited by Fancyarcher

They greenlit the sequel before release, and apparently it's still happening despite the poor box office. 

How desperate could Sony and that German company be? 

I'd have to believe its one of those soft greenlights that's contingent on performance.

If not...somebody is making a baaaaad move.

I'd have to believe its one of those soft greenlights that's contingent on performance.If not...somebody is making a baaaaad move.

Apparently Jamie Campbell Bower said they were going to make the sequel regardless of box office.

:lol: Their fucking nuts. 

Hope WHD holds well this weekend. I want a sequel with President Sawyer going to England for a meeting with the queen of England about his peace treaty, but then terrorists take over her place, and it's up to Sawyer, Cale (who is head of Sawyer's personal security now), and the Queen of England, played by Helen Mirren, to save the day. BUCKINGHAM PALACE DOWN

Yeah, I still want this.

Yeah I mentioned that German company that helped to fiance the film.

Yet Mortal Instruments international box office has been poor as well.. 

Since the international rights were already sold, Constantin have already made their money, it'll be Sony and the local distributors who will have lost on MI's poor performance.

I saw Riddick tonight and really enjoyed it. Was one part what I expected and one part I didn't, which surprised me in a good way.

If I didn't have to be up at 5am I'd go to the Review Room, I'll do that later. 

Hope it's Fri goes up and Sat is equally strong cause NFL Sunday will hurt it. 

• Like 1

Since the international rights were already sold, Constantin have already made their money, it'll be Sony and the local distributors who will have lost on MI's poor performance.

Still it's stupid to greenlit a sequel to a movie before its release, especially one based off a book that isn't super popular (like MI). 

Hell they even compared it to Resident Evil when talking about why they greenlit a sequel. Idiots! 

City of Ashes will be lucky to open in the top 5 at the box office. 

Edited by Boxofficefanatic