baumer

Prisoners (2013)

36 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

Movie of the year alongside Gravity. Best thriller I have seen in years. The movie should be a lock for nominations for picture, leading actor, original script and photography.

A-.

Oh, and the aunt is officially my second most hated religious nut behind that crazy b**ch in The Mist.

• Like 3

A solid movie. Great acting performances by Jackman and Gyllenhaal.

Only thing that kinda ruined it for me was how the kidnapper was telling Jackman everything about the kidnapping, step by step etc like a typical James Bond villain. Maybe quick flashes to show bits and pieces here and there would have been better.

8/10

Good, well-made movie but could've been amazing. It was a bit too long, 20-minutes could've been shaved off, but some of the actions by the characters were really dumb and I don't understand the ending, it was unnecessarily done. We're already at 150-minutes, would an extra 4-minutes hurt? It wasn't ambiguous nor controversial as we know what Loki would do, nothing in the film suggested he'd do otherwise, so why not just have a conventional ending?

Anyway, strong performances from Jackman and Gyllenhaal and once again amazing photography by Roger Deakins who will probably get yet another Academy Award nomination and will, yet again, lose.

***¾/*****, (B+, 7.6/10, 3/4)

I liked it at lot. Gyllenhal was better than Jackman in my opinion. Also the scene where Loki drives Anna to the hospital. The cinematography in that scene alone makes it worthy to be the winner of that category at the awards.

Don't remember much about the score. I remember only one track, that being when Jackman was thrown down into the pit and found the whistle.

Overall, good movie. The abrupt ending wasn't THAT bad.

A-

A solid good film but it was a 2 hour film at best.

I am not a fan of such endings but I think it is a 1000% sure Jackman was found.

He will likely go to jail but likely not for too long. 

However I quite surprised people (On IMDB) thought Jackman deserved to die and not see his daughter for what he did to Alex. Some people said Loki said Jackman is dead let him die for what he did.

What he does was wrong but not inexcusable. 

I would guarantee you if Jackman was put in front of jury they would have a hard time convicting him of anything that would lead to a very long jail time. 

Actually I think the films does not really slap down Jackman and what he did...Actually Jackman torturing Alex leads to the climax in the end. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

I like to believe that Jackman died TBH, what he did was fucking disgusting.

I really hate the scene where his wife tells Loki that he did what he had to do to find his daughters and she's happy he did. No he spent forever torturing an innocent man band happens to figure out where the daughters were dumb ass fucking luck