baumer

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2 (2013)

14 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

B

I'm really disappointed. The first movie is one of my favorite movies of all time period and this was cute but it wasn't as funny and had nowhere as near as much heart. The best thing about the movie was probably Berry being so cute (what I would do for a Berry stuffed toy ^_^ ). The Apple/Google shade was a close second.

What a crap year for animation, none of them were more than acceptable and Cloudy 2 is no exception, not even half funny or refreshing as the first one. The animation got worse (which explain the lower budget) and I hated the fluffyzation of animals, like every animal acts like a dog, wants to cuddle or are peaceful (The Croods had the same problem). The end not only had one unsubtle moral lesson speech, but two. I think the director tried so hard to imitate the previous director that it resulted in a soulless copy. C (45)

Edited by Goffe Luvs 1D

This is one of the biggest piece of crap I have seen all year, like seriously, why do they have to treat their target audience (kids) like mentally handycapped people. What a shame because I really liked the first movie.

Too many food puns, childish, lazy and predictable storytelling and a seriously bad rip off from UP (the villan thing) Turbo did this too and is getting very tiresome. No amount of good animation can save this s--t.

3.5/10

I should have seen Catching Fire again  <_<

Edited by Boxx93

It's not quite on the level of the first film, but there's just too much charm in this, from the adorable foodimals and the cheeky sense of humor, that makes it easy to forgive a lot of rushed character developments and familiar animation tropes. The new directors try to recapture some of Lord and Miller's magic, but I definitely felt their absence here. 

Still, it's a lot of fun, and it's nice to see a movie like this just wear its heart on its sleeve and enjoy its fun style.

Edited by Spaghetti

Not as good as the first but still really funny and a great time. I loved the villain and his sidekick a lot, and even though Mr. T was missed, Terry Crews did a great job as the replacement. Fun time, critics are being unreasonably tough on this. A-

I don't know what I was thinking; I just rewatched this and it's super bland with a few funny bits, but nothing on the level of the original. C