baumer

Escape Plan (2013)

22 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

The first 15-20 minutes are a bit slow and uninteresting, but once Arnold shows up it's a blast till the end. Sure there are some odd and fortunate coincidences to keep the plot going, but I'll let that slide. Arnold's really awesome in this, Sly nothing special. This is definitely a thriller first as there's a fairy low amount of action and only towards the end. Overall really enjoyable film. A-

• Like 1

Enjoyed it quite a bit. Like Baumer said, it's what you'd expect, but that's not a bad thing. Very good performances and was particularly glad to see Arnold back on form. Promising that he and Stalone still have it in them. Now if we can get a movie with an interesting script as well... B+

• Like 2

I really didn't understand Arnold's motivation in this and his connection to Cavielzel. Doesn't make it less interesting though.

Arnold had no connection to Caviezel, other than Caviezel being tasked to find out the location of Manheim from Arnold. And Arnold's motivation was to escape the prison, that's why he(with her daughter's help) set up a plan to get Sly(best man for prison escapes) to be sent into The Tomb, so Arnold could befriend him and use him to escape.

• Like 1

Discuss the film formerly known at The Tomb.

Ahh, I didn't realize that this was once The Tomb.  I had seen that movie on Arnold's to-do list in IMDB...ok, gotcha.  I just saw the movie.  *shrug*  I didn't come in with high expectations so I wasn't disappointed when it turned out to be too convenient, predictable, and uninspiring.  For some reason the novelty of having Stallone and Arnold in the same movie didn't resonate with me while I was watching the film.  20 years too late I guess.  I give it a C.  

Don't spend 10-15 bucks on this movie.  Wait for the DVD/Blu-Ray.

i really didnt want to spend my money on this but we got to the cinema & the closest showing was only this

I was pleasantly surprised. Lota of humour 

esp loved Arnie  the other dude smiling @ the camera :D it will work fine as an avatar lol

Arnie throwing that temper tantrum & reciting Bible to (ex)Jesus was funny too :P

Edited by Leyla
  • Like 1

It's really enjoyable. It doesn't have many surprises (even though the twist at the end caught me off guard) and the plot has a bunch of holes but it's really fun and entertaining. Lots of laughs too especially from Arnold who looks great here and he probably does his best acting since True Lies (his rant in German and the machine gun scene were the highlights). Stallone is solid also and they have a good chemistry together. I wasn't sure if they would fit together but they make it work easily. Cavizel was good too, he looked like he had fun and he chew so much scenery in every chance he got.

Sure you can't really take it seriously but it does exactly what it promises.

• Like 1

I think this is the worst movie of the year so far. Really stupid plot (the poor execution also doesn't help), predictable and one of the worst villains I've seen, Caviezel is so over the top evil that it's kinda embarrassing. Also, it's very leftist movie UGH. :sick: F (15)

Edited by Goffe