Olive

Captain America: The Winter Soldier ( More than $700M WW, Huge Success!)

Marvel/Disney is tops for business.

Warner for creativity. After all it is the studio that is behind SUPERMAN '78 (classic superhero template) & BATMAN '89  (a darker superhero template) & DARK KNIGHT (mixing superhero genre with serious contemporary message: war on terr0r)

I think WB is staying on its laurels and has been static more than proactive within the last 35 years it has been active, hence losing its leadership.

I find it more creative and innovating taking obscure less known character to the general audience and popularizing them in different sub genre until they become first tier able to compete to iconic figure or building a successful shared balanced and coherent environnement with all those sub CBM genre, which is for me the biggest accomplishement/revolution in the CB genre.

I find the MARVEL approach in terms of creativity and innovation more dynamic, more revolutionary while WB is more statitc and still in its comfort zone..

Top 10 movies for 2014 in some Latin American countries (in Admissions as of yesterday):

Argentina

1- Frozen 1933773

2- 300:RoaE 730050

3- CA:TWS 645652

Peru

1- 300:RoaE 521827 admissions

2- CA:TWS 439009

3- Noah 403407

(Frozen opened in 2013 in this market and sold 880k admissions)

Bolivia

1- Frozen 100353

2- 300:RoaE 62135

3- CA:TWS 61528 (Today it will climb one spot to number 2, not so far from Frozen!!)

Paraguay

1- Frozen 58949

2- CA:TWS 17690 

3- 300:RoaE 15967

• Like 5

Marvel/Disney is tops for business.Warner for creativity. After all it is the studio that is behind SUPERMAN '78 (classic superhero template) & BATMAN '89 (a darker superhero template) & DARK KNIGHT (mixing superhero genre with serious contemporary message: war on terr0r)

Lol is this a joke ? Superman wasn't even Warner's project , it was mostly financed by other investors (and was an awful movie anyway) , batman 89 was Tim burton batman not the batman from comics (mostly a gothic tale with no real darkness in it) .nolan tried hard , too bad he destroyed a fantastic batman villain (two face) in the process .Marvel is tops for bringing superheroes from comic book pages to life , you don't get the directors' version of a character, you get the comic book character that you've known and loved something no other studio has achieved (and that includes other studios' marvel movies ) .The avengers especially proved that you can essentially have a comic book on screen , with all the fun and excitement that comic books have and be extremely successful. Dc is all batman and superman anyway , we have seen a ton of marvel characters on screen with almost all being successful , even characters like blade .Marvel gives the impression that it enjoys bringing these characters to the screen , all the other studios , warner included, seem to be almost ashamed that they release these movies so they give "artistic freedom" to every director to make his own version of the character . Wake me up when we see a real superman movie facing someone like doomsday (oh my god he is ...one dimensional) or when fox gives us true X-men (with a true magneto not an old man and the juggernaut we know from the comics)and ff4 movies with a real doctor doom .I won't even mention the bullshit that Sony is doing with Spider-Man , a marvel studios Spider-Man movie could be as big as avengers . As for Warner they fact that don't dare bring a real sequel to MOS(a movie they could built on like marvel did with iron man ) speaks for itself .

Locked.  I would say even 450M unless it crashes in china.

Really? That high? Is it because we're expecting good drops thanks to Easter holiday, which I assumed will be next week?

$45m everywhere else ? Lol NOT happening at all. More like 35m.  Plus where it gets $20m (must include Thu-Sun) from China.

Its not getting to 480m by Sunday. And that's not near 500m WW.

You were right firedeep  ;)

But $476.7m WW is enough to easily lead the first 4 months of 2014!! Congrats Cap!!  :ca:

400m is good but much higher might be hard since Spiderman opens next week

Spiderman only opens in some of the markets and it's not as if Thor 2 didn't have Catching Fire and still managed to make another 100m+ OS

CATWS is now at $317m OS.  By Firedeep's calculations it has another $30m or so in China  It has at least $5m more in S.K.  Probably about $15-20m more in Brazil.  That's $50-55m just from 3 markets

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 2

Spiderman only opens in some of the markets and it's not as if Thor 2 didn't have Catching Fire and still managed to make another 100m+ OSCATWS is now at $317m OS. By Firedeep's calculations it has another $30m or so in that market. It has at least $5m more in S.K. Probably $20m in Brazil. That's $55m just from 3 markets

It opens in many major markets and most of the rest the following week. It will likely slow it down