Olive

Captain America: The Winter Soldier ( More than $700M WW, Huge Success!)

Spiderman only opens in some of the markets and it's not as if Thor 2 didn't have Catching Fire and still managed to make another 100m+ OS

CATWS is now at $317m OS.  By Firedeep's calculations it has another $30m or so in China  It has at least $5m more in S.K.  Probably about $15-20m more in Brazil.  That's $50-55m just from 3 markets

Yes it has another 100m+ OS. But not enough to carry it to 450m os.

Another week is a big deal especially during Easter Vacation. Of course Spidey is going to slow it down but Cap 2 is not going to stop making money immediately.  It just came off a $108m week OS.  Do you really think it's only going to make another $83m when China, SK and Brazil alone will yield 50-55m?

Australia, Mexico and then UK look like the only markets where Cap 2 is doing well and big enough in to truly be impacted - and Australia is the only market where Cap wouldn't have been out three weekends already.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1

Another week is a big deal especially during Easter Vacation. Of course Spidey is going to slow it down but Cap 2 is not going to stop making money immediately.  It just came off a $108m week OS.  Do you really think it's only going to make another $83m when China, SK and Brazil alone will yield 50-55m?

Australia, Mexico and then UK look like the only markets where Cap 2 is doing well and big enough in to truly be impacted - and Australia is the only market where Cap wouldn't have been out three weekends already.

I think Spidey will first slow it down, then it will stabilise and some peopl will even decide to watch anoth CBM after Spidey, meaning CA2.

I also think CA2 will keep on drawing the older folks.

• Like 1

108m week, if it drops just 45% from now on, it would do another 120m from OS. And that pretty good holds.

My another 110~120m OS prediction already factored a soft ASM2 impact.

I remember when people and even marvel were afraid of CA reception in the OS markets because of his name . Oh how times have changed. Anyway a near 700 million $ CA movie is great news and along with the avengers 2 will inspire an epic CA3 , hopefully with the red skull again as the villain in the modern age .

Edited by Thrylos 7
  • Like 3

108m week, if it drops just 45% from now on, it would do another 120m from OS. And that pretty good holds.

My another 110~120m OS prediction already factored a soft ASM2 impact.

Yep but still, we are on Easter hollidays, so the drop will be lessen because teens are still going to see multiple movies geared at them.

Edited by Ent
  • Like 1

Oblivion already wasn't doing that well, especially for a Tom Cruise film.  It was probably going to drop 50-60% anyway. Iron Man III also opened pretty much everywhere on the same date, Spidey isn't.  In most territories it won't come out for 2-3 more weekends.

It's also Easter Week/Spring Break in many countries so the dailies should be higher.  But even with "just $110-120 more that's $427-437m which is more than just making it past $400m which is what I was originally responding to.  It's going to beat TDW WW and it looks to beat MOS as well.

• Like 1

I sound a bit stupid but I fail to see how Cap will reach 250M domestically. After next weekend, it would be at around 190M-195M total. How can it manage 60M or so after that with TASM2 and Godzilla coming in?

I sound a bit stupid but I fail to see how Cap will reach 250M domestically. After next weekend, it would be at around 190M-195M total. How can it manage 60M or so after that with TASM2 and Godzilla coming in?

TASM2 isn't for 3 weekends and Godzilla more than a month so it can stabilize and hit 250M. Won't be easy but it's possible. 

Edited by druv10
  • Like 1