Olive

Captain America: The Winter Soldier ( More than $700M WW, Huge Success!)

I sound a bit stupid but I fail to see how Cap will reach 250M domestically. After next weekend, it would be at around 190M-195M total. How can it manage 60M or so after that with TASM2 and Godzilla coming in?

I agree with SAM on this one....I see it going to 235 tops...with the competitions coming. Don't count out Transcendant....

Edited by Subzero

I agree with SAM on this one....I see it going to 235 tops...with the competitions coming.

MoS and Ca2 made about the same for 2nd weekend, if the estimates hold. After 2nd weekend MoS made around $80m more. If Cap2 has the same drops (and MoS had some pretty harsh drops) it will have $239. But Cap shouldn't have as steep drops due to weaker schedule and better wom. $250m is still a strong target for Cap

I agree with SAM on this one....I see it going to 235 tops...with the competitions coming. Don't count out Transcendant....

I would count out Transcendent. Looks terrible to me. But I still don't see Cap going that high.

MoS and Ca2 made about the same for 2nd weekend, if the estimates hold. After 2nd weekend MoS made around $80m more. If Cap2 has the same drops (and MoS had some pretty harsh drops) it will have $239. But Cap shouldn't have as steep drops due to weaker schedule and better wom. $250m is still a strong target for Cap

MOS has summer weekdays. Cap doesn't.
  • Like 2

Boxoffice.com

"Captain America: The Winter Soldier expanded to Brazil, Trinidad & Tobago, Hungary, and Turkey this weekend to cap off the majority of its overseas release. The superhero film will be opening in Japan, its final territory, on April 19.

Cap will be looking to hit the $500 million global mark with next weekend's Japanse debut. The superhero sequel has grossed a total of $317.7 million overseas and $476.7 million worldwide after notching a second consecutive weekend with over $100 million in global box office. 54 overseas territories contributed $60.6 million of this weekend's box office. The Captain America sequel has already eclipsed the lifetime run of its original overseas by 163%. The previous Captain America film grossed a total of $194 million outside of North America. The new film is also 128% above the $371 million global lifetime run of the original.

The film took $6.9 million first place finish in its Brazilian opening, giving it first place with a 45% market share and the fourth highest April opening of all time in the country. China took a 50% dip this weekend to bring its total up to a whopping $80.4 million, becoming the #3 Disney release of all time in the country. South Korea is reporting a $25.1 million cume after its third staright weekend as the #1 fillm."

• Like 4

Is Easter a holiday all over the World like Christmas Holidays or just in the catholic countries? Here in Spain universities are closed until next Sunday (or next Monday April, 21st in Catalunya and Valencia)

Here in France we have that too.
  • Like 1

Is Easter a holiday all over the World like Christmas Holidays or just in the catholic countries? Here in Spain universities are closed until next Sunday (or next Monday April, 21st in Catalunya and Valencia)

We don't have Easter, or Christmas. But it's OK, we have a longer holiday instead.

• Like 1

How much more the following films made than CA2

DOM                                                 OS                                               WW

CA1         $17,648,505                                     $-123,784,731                             $-106,136,226

Thor2       $47,338,131                                     $120,721,000                              $168,059,131

IM1          $159,406,101                                   $-50,937,879                               $108,468,222

IM2          $153,427,331                                   $-6,200,000                                 $147,227,331

MOS        $132,039,518                                   $59,300,000                                $191,339,518

Edited by 23IsEverywhere
  • Like 1

$300M OS is possible, but $450M?

IM has RDJ, an entertaining actor.

Chris is a likable guy but he is not

a showman like Downey. 

Plus IRON MAN flies, shoots particle

beam off his hands. CA is more

mortal. 

CA2 proves your wrong Zack zack.. Chris Evans has proven he is quite the showman as Downey has been in Ironman!!

Just wow on  the improvement of CA 2 over all the avengers  solo films!

• Like 1