baumer

Free Birds (2013)

11 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

This is now on Netflix streaming. I'm still not sure if I can do this to myself, at least not before getting intoxicated.

I'll watch it with you live if I have to. Seriously. FREE BIRDS is an amazing achievement.

S

Tune in to this threat at 10PM EST, maybe watch live with me, and we'll see just how crazy this movie really is.

If I wanted to kill myself, I would think about going through this torture

But I don't so no way I could ever watch this again

• Like 1

It's an awful movie, but it's awful in a strange, oddly likeable way. It's almost as if the filmmakers knew it was bad.

Gopher, you should read the Wednesday Numbers thread. Blankments, Fancycatcher, and I did a live posting of the movie.

Edited by Spaghetti
  • Like 3

Free Birds is a glorious mess. It could be argued it's one of the worst mainstream animated releases of all time. However, it's so delightfully weird and a failure that it's a joy to watch. Featuring the most Owen Wilson screams ever in a film, the esoteric jokes of an extremely mediocre CGI animated film will be remembered for years to come after watching it. The only thing that prevents it from being a real masterpiece of schlocky cinema is the second half of the second act, which just kinda is mediocre and dull. Free Birds is an awful film, no question about it, but it's a special brand of awful that makes it one of the most memorable animated films of the 2010s so far. C+