Neo

Star Trek Beyond | 7.22.2016 | Not an Oscar winner.

To this day, I still don't get what people didn't like in Star Trek Into Darkness, I liked everything in it : cast, acting, set pieces, music story, VFX,  and I choke a little at the end every single time.

I like it as much as the first  one if not more.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 3

I like it as well except the Wrath of Khan scene. "Oh, let's recreate that scene, except this time, Kirk is dying!" Ain't we clever...   :rolleyes:

I thought it was a good way to see Spock loosing it by showing  his half human side 100%.

• Like 1

To this day, I still don't get what people didn't like in Star Trek Into Darkness, I liked everything in it : cast, acting, set pieces, music story, VFX,  and I choke a little at the end every single time.

I like it as much as the first  one if not more.

STiD has grown on me since the release. I left the movie theater really disappointed, many rewatchs later I think it's on par with the first

• Like 1

JJ needs to do his Schindler's List or Saving Private Ryan after Star Wars. 

I mean, JJ's JJ. So his Schindler's or Ryan will be a film that spends way too much time paying tribute to those films and won't be 1/4 as good.

• Like 6

I mean, JJ's JJ. So his Schindler's or Ryan will be a film that spends way too much time paying tribute to those films and won't be 1/4 as good.

Yeah and he would put a little girl in red somewhere and lightly justify it like "it was a cool homage to schindler's list, you know". That's how deep he goes in the reflection. There is a reason why Spielberg waited that long into his career to tackle those subjects. JJ Abrams is not seasoned and mature enough as a director to tackle such heavy subjects movies because he got nothing of importance to express as an author director. He's a Joe Johnston right now.

Yeah and he would put a little girl in red somewhere and lightly justify it like "it was a cool homage to schindler's list, you know". That's how deep he goes in the reflection. There is a reason why Spielberg waited that long into his career to tackle those subjects. JJ Abrams is not seasoned and mature enough as a director to tackle such heavy subjects movies because he got nothing of importance to express as an author director. He's a Joe Johnston right now.

JJ Abrams >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Joe Johnson. 

• Like 2

I like Star Trek enough, I'm shutting down my initial thoughts on Orci...and trying to convince myself Kurtzman was the actual problem.

Orci is a major conspiracy wacko nut-job. Not sure if Kurtzman agrees with that or just puts up with it.

Orci is a major conspiracy wacko nut-job. Not sure if Kurtzman agrees with that or just puts up with it.

Yes, yes...he is.But crazy people can still be good film makers. I choose to believe! (In this movie, not in Orci's conspiracy bullshit)
  • Like 1

I like it as much as the first  one if not more.[/quote

The script was awful.