grim22

Weekend Estimates: Thor TDW 86.1M, Ender 10.25, Free Birds 11.2, Grav 8.4, BG 11.3, Last Vegas 11.1

I don't think WOM for Thor 2 is bad at all- most people seem to like it better than the first and IM3. I know I did, and I saw several Twitter and Facebook friends who agree. Even if it's not brilliant, its certainly non offensive and entertaining enough to have solid WOM

but a movie like this has some natural frontloading so the second weekend drop will still at least be in the 50s.  And with a juggernaut opening a week after this could be a problem

I have seen multiple folks across the board who liked avengers hated this. Plus with mediocre reviews its not going to pull in general audience.

I suck at this and so I could be wrong. But I dont mind extrapolating at this point. I will admit failure if it shows good legs. I anyway thought its not making more than 2.5x and now I just reduced it to 2.3x. Its not that much of a stretch. Legs are getting progressively worse. IM3 had similar legs and It had better reception than Thor 2 for sure.

I personally think Cap was a better film than Thor, but it had worse legs during the dog days of the Summer than Thor had when kids were still in school. Plus, Thor had to go up against OST and The Hangover 2 and KFP 2, so it wasn't like it was free sailing for it.

• Like 1