grim22

Weekend Estimates: Thor TDW 86.1M, Ender 10.25, Free Birds 11.2, Grav 8.4, BG 11.3, Last Vegas 11.1

Good for this (2013, 3D, riding on THE AVENGERS effect, with a lot of Thorki fans), film. Let's celebrate.

I wonder how much Thorki affect actually helped

also Avengers affect might be waning from one film to another. I am shocked that so many people are predicting gigantic numbers for Guardians of the Galaxy just because it's "Marvel"

Official budgets are 170M vs 270M for them.

so the actuals will be ?

I'm hardly a SR supporter, but it's common knowledge that WB shoved $60m of endless development costs into the "budget" for SR. The actual production budgets for the two films are probably pretty close. But I guess my comparison wasn't sarcastic enough.

How about THOR 2 under TWILIGHT?

• Like 2

also Avengers affect might be waning from one film to another. I am shocked that so many people are predicting gigantic numbers for Guardians of the Galaxy just because it's "Marvel"

Yeah, I might have to think a bit more on Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant Man ... I don't know.

Iron Man always does great. The rest do good. It's that simple.

• Like 2

I'm hardly a SR supporter, but it's common knowledge that WB shoved $60m of endless development costs into the "budget" for SR. The actual production budgets for the two films are probably pretty close. But I guess my comparison wasn't sarcastic enough.

How about THOR 2 under TWILIGHT?

Imagine if that club was started a few months ago. Meltdowns!

Edited by Magic

Well I am obviously using my hunch here. I think the THE AVENGERS effect really benefited IRON MAN lll, but it also waned along with it judging by the film's legs. IRON MAN lll affected THOR: TDW imo. Maybe some people think the solo films just look generic and don't offer anything new. Speaking of new, I think GOTG could do really well. Not expecting "gigantic" numbers though.