Films

Weekend estimates:Thor 2 $38.4m, TBMH $30.6m

Deadline's BO arithmetic getting worse without Nikki..... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

i love reading her twitter account. She was right about the spreadsheet on deadline, copy/paste/post. They really need her back because people running the deadline are dumbasses. 

i love reading her twitter account. She was right about the spreadsheet on deadline, copy/paste/post. They really need her back because people running the deadline are dumbasses. 

They would be better off not even reporting on early box office until they find someone that can do it.

Gitesh Pandya ‏@giteshpandya  1m #Thor still #1 this wknd & passes global BO of 1st pic. Wknd: $38.5M dom (-55%), $91M global. Totals: $147M dom, $479.8M ww

Edited by Ent

That hold is decent but considering the lack of competition it is nothing to write home about. It has fallen slightly behind X2's pace. Domestic this is somewhat of a disappointment. Luckily international is picking up the pace

I'll take that hold after the bleeding it had on Tues/Wed. Some people were thinking 65% drop so for it to only drop 55%, is a good recovery. 

Gitesh Pandya ‏@giteshpandya  3m 
Overperformance of #BestManHoliday powered by specific aud w/ huge spending power: 75% female, 87% AfAm, 63% 35+.

Exhibitor Relations ‏@ERCboxoffice  5m 
ENDER'S GAME hauled in $6.2M (-40%), $53.7M total.

Gitesh Pandya ‏@giteshpandya  6m 
2013 red hot for R-rated comedies. #BestManHoliday is 5th this yr to open above $30M. Others led by all-white casts.

Gitesh Pandya ‏@giteshpandya  7m 
#BestManHoliday opens to huge $30.6M wknd & $15k avg. Best opening of 2013 for film playing in under 2500 thtrs

Edited by Ent