Neo

Transformers: The Last Knight | 6/21/2017 | Big Budget, Weak OW?

3 minutes ago, robertman2 said:

It is a 30 year old movie ffs

I know.  I saw it in the theater when it came out and own it on VHS, twice on DVD and now on Blu Ray :P 

ah screw it, leave it there.  You're right, it makes no difference :) 

Just now, robertman2 said:

I need to grab the Blu Ray

yeah I thought it was worth it.  Plus someone bought it for me.  I didn't even know it was out.  We just happened to be at Best Buy and saw it.

It has some new features added on to what came out with the previous release so that alone was a plus :) 

1 hour ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

I'm really curious to see the reason why Optimus has turned against humans. Considering that he went to Cybertron in the ending of the last movie, I'm wondering if he was  reprogrammed by his creators?

The hint is in his purple eyes. His eyes are usually blue.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

I'm really curious to see the reason why Optimus has turned against humans. Considering that he went to Cybertron in the ending of the last movie, I'm wondering if he was  reprogrammed by his creators?

15 hours ago, robertman2 said:

Unicron. I've watched the old animated movie enough times to know it was him

This. It was as obvious to me as well. For those who've not seen the '86 Animated Movie, go, watch it. I've no doubt this story point at minimum is being pulled in for Last Knight.

• Like 2

Pirates versus Robots is going to be a really interesting battle.

Both are locked to decrease both DOM and OS, but I wonder which one is going to have the biggest decrease? The last Pirates was released six years ago, so, it don't have the same fatigue as TF, although, it has Depp who is poison right now. While TF is coming from a movie that had mixed recepction to say the least, and it's at the peak of the fatigue, I would say low 200m for both, and TF winning OS thanks to China only.

2 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Pirates versus Robots is going to be a really interesting battle.

Both are locked to decrease both DOM and OS, but I wonder which one is going to have the biggest decrease? The last Pirates was released six years ago, so, it don't have the same fatigue as TF, although, it has Depp who is poison right now. While TF is coming from a movie that had mixed recepction to say the least, and it's at the peak of the fatigue, I would say low 200m for both, and TF winning OS thanks to China only.

I don't think either is touching  200m

• Like 1

The Last Knight is the third most talked movie of year so far:

Transformers: The Last Knight ranks third in our assessment, in what appears to be a return to form considering the last film in the franchise, Transformers: Age of Extinction, seemed to experience a slight slip by being the only entry in the series to fall under the $300 million mark domestically. If Twitter performance is any indication, The Last Knight might very well lift the latest Transformers entry back into the $300 million club domestically

http://pro.boxoffice.com/2017-social-media-heat-map/

2 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

I'm surprised, to say the least. It seems to be generating way more buzz than AOE, I wonder if it will translate to B.O? It will be a huge win if it at least stay flat.

Pirates is on the bottom of the list, btw.

Is there a correlation between online buzz and actual box office success?

3 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

Is there a correlation between online buzz and actual box office success?

What do you think? Social medias is the way to we find these days, what things people are talking about, that's the reason why everyone was predicting massive numbers for BATB once that it released the first trailer, because it was BIG at social medias.

Just now, Mockingjay Raphael said:

What do you think? Social medias is the way to we find these days, what things people are talking about, that's the reason why everyone was predicting massive numbers for BATB once that it released the first trailer, because it was BIG at social medias.

Yea but it can't be a major measure for box office success. I mean look at where GoTG 2 is on that list and people are predicting it will make more that a few of the movies that are above it on that list. I just don't think those stats can be trusted at all.